Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dash me optics! Jago And Litefoot!

Yes, it's official, apparently, thirty-odd years after it was first thought of, and audio only, but they've already recorded a series of full cast adventures, following on from their Companion Chronicle last year.

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/

The Jago and Litefoot series follows directly on from the Companion Chronicle The Mahogany Murderers, and comprises four stories:

The Bloodless Soldier by Justin Richards
    Directed by Lisa Bowerman
    Guest cast: John Banks, Alex Lowe and Robin Bowerman
    In which a group of soldiers return from duty overseas and bring a terrible evil with them...

The Bellova Devil by Alan Barnes
    Guest cast: Stephen Thorne, Peter Silverleaf and Duncan Wisbey
    In which Jago and Litefoot investigate a dead man who appears to have died before.

The Spirit Trap by Jonathan Morris
    Directed by John Ainsworth
    Guest cast: Janet Henfrey and Lex Shrapnel
    In which Jago and Litefoot visit a psychic.

The Similarity Engine by Andy Lane
    Guest cast: Matt Steer
    In which an old enemy reveals his masterplan.

An old enemy? Magnus Greel? Somehow. They should go the whole hog and do the Oak and Quil spin off.

Or Hale & Pace: Shopkeeping Adventures.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

They should go the whole hog and do the Oak and Quil spin off.
    Yay! Two characters based on Laurel and Hardy who never speak in their own audio plays.

"Christopher Benjamin is an old friend of Stephen Thorne's and suggested him for the part, and we were excited to be employing the man who played Azal, Omega and Eldrad!
    Guess who'll be turning up in their forthcoming plays then... or will they be getting Stephen Thorne to play Alpha Centauri, Light and a Cryon?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I wish I could get excited about this. But I can't.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I'm sure it'll be very good.

Si.

Default Jago and Litefoot are on the case~!

Following an outing in the Companion Chronicles (which was really good), Jago and Litefoot are getting their own series~! I'm really rather looking forward to it. It's been a long time coming.

1.1 The Bloodless Soldier
    Written by Justin Richards
    Featuring Alex Lowe, John Banks, Robin Bowerman and Alex Mallinson
    A group of soldiers return from overseas service – but they have brought a terrible evil back with them. As death strikes on the streets of London, Sergeant Quick calls upon the help of Professor Litefoot, while an old enemy lurks in the shadows. Jago and Litefoot are on the trail of the Bloodless Soldier – and tragedy will hit close to them...

1.2 The Bellova Devil
    Written by Alan Barnes
    Featuring Stephen Thorne, Duncan Wisbey and Alex Mallinson
    A body is found on the Circle Line, wearing full dress uniform. It as identified as Reginald Colville – a man who was certified dead some six weeks ago! In an attempt to solve the mystery Jago and Litefoot become unwilling bodysnatchers... And thus begins a chain of events that will pit them against killer Bulgars and the mysterious machinations of the Far-Off Travellers Club...

1.3 The Spirit Trap
    Written by Jonathan Morris
    Directed by John Ainsworth
    Featuring Janet Henfrey and Lex Shrapnel
    Ellie Higson believes that spiritualist Mrs Vanguard can hear the voices of the dead, but Henry Gordon Jago thinks it’s all superstition and theatrical trickery. But if Vanguard is a harmless fake, then why have some of those who have attended her sceances disappeared so mysteriously? Jago and Litefoot investigate... And find themselves facing a deadly foe from the afterlife.

1.4 The Similarity Engine
    Written by Andy Lane
    When Jago takes a tumble on an unseasonably icy road, he ends up in hospital. But this is no ordinary medical establishment, and the patients are suffering from no ordinary illnesses. At last, the fiendish scheme of Dr Tulp is drawing to its cataclysmic climax. The Similarity Engine is operational. And a new, improved model of mahogany murderers have been unleashed...
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

They had so much fun making it that they've commissioned a second series before the first has been released.

Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

And I see they've still only got one facial expression to go round.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Two - if you please - mouth open and mouth closed. If it's rubber-faced excitement you're after then I suggest you buy the audio adventures of Phil Cool instead.

#dammitbrent

I have an image in my mind's eye of Messrs Benjamin and Baxter locked in a BF studio, being forced to record as many of these as possible one after another, in case one of them dies soon and ruins the franchise.

And is that Mover Poul in the middle, or Mawdryn ?
    Bazinga !

I've spent a happy hour or so this morning listening to The Mahogany Murders. Wonderful stuff- it's really rather lovely to hear the two of them back in action, back together and about to take on the dastardly criminal underworld of Victorian London.

It felt true to their origins in Talons- I liked the way they interrupted each other, critisised each other's narration and acting skills and how they both got wrapped in the enthusiasm of being back in the investigative roles. A real triumph and quite wonderful.

Glad you enjoyed it Si. I still need to get this one.

Si.

Series One is being made available tomorrow and Sunday for just £20 on CD and download!
    More details here

Can a mod/admin please adjust the title of this thread to draw attention to the special offer? Many Thanks.
    Last edited by Richard Brinck-Johnsen; 18th Nov 2011 at 1:19 PM. Reason: incorrect link

I may have to buy!

Si.

Perhaps I can get Steve to buy it me for Christmas?

I will have to buy!

Ooh blimey! 999th post... random thread here I come...

It's going to be like when my dad got the 'Live Aid' DVD and we spent the whole of Christmas morning watching bloody Ultravox. Only this time with Elderly Victorian Gentlemen instead of Eighties Synth-pop musicians!

I'm surprised you don't have it already Richard!

Si.

I've come very close to buying it before now but it's never quite been the right price or I've wanted something else more. Also if I can buy directly from Big Finish I will do as I like getting the downloads as well as the CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    It's going to be like when my dad got the 'Live Aid' DVD and we spent the whole of Christmas morning watching bloody Ultravox. Only this time with Elderly Victorian Gentlemen instead of Eighties Synth-pop musicians!
    So... rather unalike at all then, really.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

I got series one off E-Bay, and although I've only listened to the first two they are indeed well worth 20 of your English pounds.

(mumble mumble could have offered series 2 for £20 as well mumble mumble.....)
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    (mumble mumble could have offered series 2 for £20 as well mumble mumble.....)
    Yes it would. I would have so bought that as well. So I supposed by not doing that Big Finish have saved me £20 this weekend so good on them. Hopefully I will get series two and three before the world ends next year.

It's now in my downloads account.

I still wish Big Finish would split their boxset releases into individual play downloads as having a single file containing four plays is a real pain.

I wonder if both CC and Jago S2's will follow, if these offers are a hit.

I've bought mine! Not sure why. It's an offer innit? I'm getting Iris in the December sale!

Si.