Thread: DVD Ripping

Default DVD Ripping

Sounds like an obvious question, but what's the best free program for ripping stuff from DVD's? I want to make a compilation of some stuff that I've got split accross several discs.

Si.

There was a good one at:

http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk/

Which I used several times. However, the site is now unsupported.

The program will take a whole DVD and save it as video files that can be edited.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'd recommend the free WinX family of DVD ripper, video converter and iPhone video tools.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Thanks guys!

Si. :mobile

WinX is good, but unfortunately doesn't work on official DVD's. I know there's a good reason for that, and if me wanting to rip proper DVD's sounds dodgy it's only because I need to use footage from 'official' sources in my projects. For example, what I wanted to do at the weekend was rip the video off a DVD Single I bought a few years back so I could compile all the videos from the artist in question onto one DVD. Another project needed the Tennant title sequence - unfortunately almost everything useful on DVD I need to rip is on a bought DVD which Winx won't rip. Sadly, if's on a homemade DVD I wouldn't need to rip it as I'd have had it to put on there in the first place!

Si.

WinX has worked on every DVD I've tried including BBC Dr Who DVDs. DVD Decrypter struggled at times but WinX has always evaded the tricks and traps they use to protect bought DVDs. What error are you getting?
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

It's something like "Encrypted DVD", but it does tell you that the paid-for version of the program works on them. Have you forked out for a license for it?

Si.

Damned weasels. They've updated the free versions of the applications so they don't work any more. I never had any problem with their free DVD ripper but now it doesn't work. Fortunately (for me anyway) Giveaway of the Day gave the platinum version away a few weeks ago but only for 1 day.

I do have my original download of the free version - v4.1 as opposed to the oppressive new 4.4 - which I could send you. I can't check if it works as it detects the platinum version and tells me not to be silly but it should do.

#dammitbrent

Yes please!

Si.

This should work.

#dammitbrent

Thank you

Si.

Just checked Giveaway of the Day and today's giveawy is...WinXDVD Ripper Platinum.

Spooky !!
    Bazinga !

It's well worth downloading while it's free. It does everything the (old) free version does and more and is faster while it does it. It has presets for most major media players too so you can rip and go.

#dammitbrent

Bloody typical, I'm away for the weekend!

Si. :mobile

I haven't unzipped the WinX off the Vervoid yet, but my AVG Resildent Shild Alert is flagging it up as an infected file - the infection being "Runtime packed unpack" or whatever that is.

Si.

Meanwhile of course now I'm home, it's too late to get that Giveaway of the Day - did you get it Lissa, and is it going on the Vervoid? Maybe this would be prudent if the current one IS infected.

Si.

The Giveaway of the Day version only works if you download and install it on the day in question. As part of the installation it checks with the GAOTD server and won't register if you're outside the free 24 hour period.

The file I uploaded is fine - Kaspersky doesn't find anything wrong with it and Softpedia certifies it is malware free. Antivirus software does occasionally give false positives.

#dammitbrent

Ok thanks!

Si.

The Platinum version is back on giveawayoftheday.com/ for some reason. Only 14 hours left though so hurry.

#dammitbrent

Hurray for old fashioned oil!

Si.