Default Blonde and deadly ...

Surely the strangest study ever done ...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/...ectid=10621005

Blonde women - even bottle blondes - are more likely to fight for what they want than brunettes and redheads, according to a University of California study.

The researchers expected blondes to feel more entitled than other young women - "this is southern California, the natural habitat of the privileged blonde," lead researcher Aaron Sell told The Times, but they were surprised at the lengths blonde women went to in the interests of getting their own way.

The study involved 156 female undergraduates and showed that blondes were more likely to display a "warlike" streak to get what they wanted.

Sell told The Times this was likely due to a sense of entitlement created because other people - particularly men - treated them better than women with non-blonde hair.

"They may not even realise they are treated like a princess," Sell said.

But the study indicated that the more 'special' people felt, the more likely they were to get angry to reach social goals.

However there is a limit to how far blondes take their anger.

The researchers also discovered they were less likely than brunettes or redheads to get in a physical fight, perhaps to ensure their looks were preserved.

Consultant psychologist Ingrid Collins of The London Medical Centre told the BBC the findings were interesting but should be interpreted with caution.

"People do tend to buy into and live up to stereotypes.

"But this is a small study on a very limited sample group so it is not possible to generalise."

The study was published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Did the study try a double blind test involving redheads/brunette women with blonde dyed hair vs those with natural blond? Otherwise I poo poo their research I think
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

I agree. What a bunch of poo. Its quite a small group and they were all undergraduates as well. Not very representative is it? You could just as easily conclude that undergraduates are more likely to fight for what they want.

You're only saying that Paul cos you're blonde, and you're just going to bully me into agreeing with you!

Mind you Maggie Thatcher was blonde - and can you think of a more aggressive woman?
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

You're only saying that Paul cos you're blonde
    Not anymore. I'm pretty much completely grey now. Which means that Itired and can't be bothered anymore

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowNZ View Post
    Mind you Maggie Thatcher was blonde - and can you think of a more aggressive woman?
    She has very red hair for a blonde....

Really? I remember her with blonde hair ... or is it Eva Peron? Hmmm ... kind of somewhere inbetween according to which hair dye she used. You made me look up picture of her!!!