Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Make The Connection, Stevens!

This thread is a straight rip-off of 'Chain of Morbius' except going through all the stories in order and saying what they have in common with:

The Green Death.

Why? Because The Green Death seems to have links to every other story! It's the one that comes up most in the 'Chain of Morbius' every time.

So...

An Unearthly Child is like The Green Death because (uh-oh) they both feature tribes of grubby people who speak in a strange way and spend most of their time in caves.

Next up - how is The Daleks / The Mutants / The Dead Planet like the Green Death?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The Daleks is like The Green Death in that they both feature poisonous liquid which has leaked (OK, in the Daleks the Doctor lied about it, but I had to find a connection somehow! )

How about The Edge Of Destruction?

Edge of Destruction... well you do have companions acting out of character due to an outside influnce or force, just like Mike Yates in The Green Death.

Come on, how is Marco Polo like The Green Death?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Because they both have guest actors who would become famous for their roles in ITV soaps?

In The Keys of Marinus the Conscience of Marinus is a giant computer brain that wants to control the whole world, just like BOSS in the Green Death.

And as for The Aztecs...?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Ahh, yes The Perfect Victims death is very like that of Ralph Fell, as they both fall from the top of high buildings.

The Sensorites next then...

Si xx

Both have underground tunnels which are poisoning the local area.

Is it the Reign of Terror next? I should know this by now.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

The Reign of Terror also features the actor playing the Doctor dressing up in different clothes and playing a different character, though I accept that they're not exactly the same situations...

Planet Of Giants has somebody making a deadly chemical. I wonder if any other stories will be this simple?

The Dalek Invasion of Earth is like The Green Death because it involves shady goings on in a mine!

Don't they both also have brainwashed humans jumping off buildings? Or did I imagine that?
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

The Rescue is like The Green Death as both feature people doing the washing up.

Si xx

The Romans is like The Green Death because both feature regular characters dressing very much differently to the way they normally would - Ian etc. in togas, and well-known drag queen Jan Peartree.

The Web Planet is like The Green Death in that both feature gigantic insects.

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

The Crusade is like the Green Death because both feature conflict between two ideologically opposed groups, one of which has unorthodox dietary requirements.

#dammitbrent

The Space Museum is like TGD because the chief villain uses a machine on the Doctor which fails to have the desired effect.
    Bazinga !

The Chase is like The Green Death in that a companion or companions leave at the end of both stories.

The Time Meddler is like The Green Death as both involve The Doctor tinkering with TARDIS parts.

(Off the topic, bonus thumbs up to this thread as it got me to dig out The Green Death and finally start giving it a good watching today!)
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.

Galaxy 4 sees a woman considering the importance of the men in her life, even if she has a much lower opinion of them than Jo has.

With its Vaaga plants, Mission to the Unknown shows that the natural world isn't always a pleasant thing - as do the maggots in The Green Death.

The Myth Makers sees a female companion leave because she's fallen in love, and is prepared to go on a long journey with her new man.
    Bazinga !

The Daleks' Master Plan is similar to The Green Death because the Doctor actually reaches the planet that he was aiming for (for once).
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

The Massacre is like The Green Death because in both the Doctor has a moment where he feels sad about his companions leaving him.

Si xx

The Ark is like The Green Death because both involve the Doctor visiting a place he's been to before, and apparently finding it's very different to how it was when he left it!
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.

In The Celestial Toymaker, the Doctor and his companions face a foe who is able to control people's wills. Just like BOSS in The Green Death.