Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Episode 666 is suitably apt.Rita has been sent to Blackmoor and we get our first look at the place.It's dark and almost colditzesque,with the solitary cell actually below ground...

It's tense stuff,Rita's brother is on drugs thanks to Blackmoor Top Dog Roo Morgan,who takes Rita on in a scrap in the yard,the result of which incites Rita to burn the prison to the ground

Almost at the series end now and Joan's journey from governor of Wentworth to virtually unemployable is fascinating.She's clearly a desperate woman forced to return to the only thing she knows and even when she does,her power over the women is clearly diminished-it's top stuff!

The scheme to transport in Coke on the back of a remote control truck didn't make any sense - simply because to get the truck in, they had to make a hole in the prison fence anyway! So we had Bongo sitting by a gaping hole in the prison fence, controlling a little car that then zoomed off 100 metres to the prisoners on the inside. Why didn't he just climb through and hand her the drugs? Why didn't she go up to the fence? Why didn't she ESCAPE THROUGH THE HOLE!!!!

Worse was the product placement on display - it was bad enough that the remote control car had DATSUN emblazoned on the side. But Bongo actually wearing a DATSUN T-Shirt took the biscuit!!

Si.

Vol.38 coming early next week to Sawbridgeworth and Mitcham.
    39 & the final Vol. 40, September/October at the latest. Soon it will all be over.....

I'm gonna restart from the beginning once my Corrie marathon ends in abt a week!

I'm on Vol.38.
    I'd forgotten how sexy Susan Kennedy from Neighbours used to be, all those years ago.

What are your thoughts on Kath and Rita?-new characters who inject new life into the show?

Have just ordered the final two volumes, 39 & 40.

The end is in sight.....

I've been watching volumes, 39 & 40 almost 24/7 since they arrived on Friday. (Hope you guys get/got yours - they went off late Monday pm)

I've just got 1 disc/ 4 eps left, which i'll watch tomorrow.
    I'm intrigued as to how it will all end......

If i say anything, i'll be using spoiler tags.

I am now in Stone Park, where Stephens from The Green Death, is married to Miss Winters from Robot.

A friend has lent me the first volume of the series and... I can't watch it!
    I used to love watching it late at night when it was shown on ITV but now?
    I'm sure a lot of it still stands up and I'd like it if I gave it a chance but... it's really awkward.
    I know I'll see him again later in the week and he's going to ask me "So how are you getting on with the Prisoner episodes?" When I go around to his house he's watching them episode by episode while his wife is in the kitchen slowly cutting vegetables with great force!
    It's too much.
    I can't do it. Sorry to hijack this thread but I needed to vent. See Doctor Who and other shows are easier to watch. But given the ongoing storylines of Prisoner. Would it be cheating if I fast forwarded? Or do I need to see all of it or none of it? And all the time it's there, on top of my shelf, staring at me. Mocking me for not being able to get through a single episode.

Oh my word. I see there are 14 volumes of PCBH out on DVD. Surely I can't start buying these what with my existing DVD backlog??

Used to L O V E this soap when I was a teenager. When I was in my first 2 years in Uni I was living in the HTV West region. But then I went on placement in Abingdon where Central were 2 years ahead of HTV with their episodes. It was a very unsettling experience! But worth it just for The Freak!

The Freak arrived in the volume just released,coinciding with the wentworth fire,it's a great show.....and withstands repeated viewings

So Prisoner is apparantly getting a remake in australia,done properly it could be fantastic!

Surely they've gotta allow a cameo from Maggie Kirkpatrick!

Wentworth fans might wanna take a nose at Behind The Bars a definitive behind the scenes book on the show up for preorder on amazon now

Thanks for the heads up Stuart!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyder View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Stuart!

Surely it should be, "Thanks for the heads up, Stuart!"
    Otherwise...Tee Hee!

Prisoner remake Wentworth will get a UK screening on Channel 5 later this year

Quote Originally Posted by stuartdg View Post
    Prisoner remake Wentworth will get a UK screening on Channel 5 later this year
    In fact it start tonight! I'll be watching and have no expectations. I'm just going to sit back and let it flood over me. And then watch the show!

Wow! That was a great first episode and according to posters on Digital Spy, future epsiodes are even better.

I'll definitely be back for more.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

The new "Frankie" is a bit better looking than the last....
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I'm taking my first trip to Wentworth now. Good so far!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

That was really good stuff. Maybe it helps for me never having seen the original, so I can judge it on its own terms, not just in comparison to the original show. I liked the grittiness of it, and the twist at the end was superb.

Can't wait to see where it all goes in the coming weeks.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

The twist at the end had even more of an impact for those of us who are fans of the original, Meg Jackson was the only character to last the full 692 episode run...