Thread: HDMI

Default HDMI

As both my Panasonic tv (TX-L26C10B) and DVDR (DMR-EX768) are HD ready, I decided to ditch Scart and get an hdmi cable. And I am having problems.
    According to the manuals, both are capable of supporting 1080p, and the DVDR will let me select from a range of setttings. However on initially using the cable, the DVDR set itself at 575p.
    Changing to 1080p or Automatic, I instantly lose my freeview signal. I can watch dvd's or programmes recorded to hard drive, but live tv is out.
    I tried it with the scart lead also in which had no effect, and now even the 575p setting doesn't seem to work.
    The tv seems to work until I take the DVDR out of standby.

Any advice?

So presumably your set up is:

Freeview box -scart-> DVDR -HDMI-> Television?

You might need two HDMI cables?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Hi steve

No, both units have freeview built in, so they are connected by a single cable instead of the scart. It's a puzzler

Just make sure of the basics - that you've got HD on the freeview, or that you've got a BluRay player. Otherwise it will just be 576p or whatever.

Also, our HDMI from our DVD to our TV annoyingly won't recognise programs in 4:3, everything gets stretched to widescreen.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!