Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Further to Si's post, the problems have been resolved and we're back to normal:

Date/Time 16/07/2007 21:06:29
    Service Issues - 16:24 - 21:03

We apologise unreservedly to those customers who suffered interruptions to their web, FTP and email services earlier this evening. As soon as we were aware of the problem we diverted all available engineering resources to finding and implementing a solution. We were able to restore all services by 21:03, less than 4 hours after the problem was initially detected.

We realise that many of our customers depend on our services for their own businesses and that all of our customers expect and deserve a reliable and robust service from us. We sincerely regret that we were unable to prevent this issue and that some services were unavailable. Please be assured that we will thoroughly investigate the reasons behind this service interruption to ensure that the likelihood of similar problems in the future is minimised.
    So, Carry On Posting!

Hope its not just me but PS seems to be running deathly slow for quite a lot of the day since the weekend. I only notice because now being on broadband it takes much much longer to load up new pages than any other website I visit.
    It has the odd burst where it loads very quickly, but some of the time Explorer evens times out with the 'the website you're looking for isn't there ' message.

Any ideas ?
    Bazinga !

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    Hope its not just me but PS seems to be running deathly slow for quite a lot of the day since the weekend. I only notice because now being on broadband it takes much much longer to load up new pages than any other website I visit.
    It has the odd burst where it loads very quickly, but some of the time Explorer evens times out with the 'the website you're looking for isn't there ' message.

Any ideas ?
    Perhaps they need to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow ...

Someone on a 10th Planet stall once quoted that to me.

I retorted with "But neutrons have no charge, therefore no polarity".

I think I'm now banned from 10th Planet.

Any ideas ?
    Yeah, I've been suffering from the same problems. Like you say, sometimes it's fast, but quite often the page gets stuck trying to load for ages, or just goes to the 'website not there' page.

Pip Madeley Guest

I got in touch with our hosts about these problems earlier today, and I'm waiting for a reply.

As Peter Davison once said "It's like walking through treacle!"

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Thats the phrase I used in my message!

Wayne Guest

I've noticed this since at least Monday. I'm glad it's not just me.

Since I clicked on this thread it's magically speeded up.

I like the way you work, Pip

Make way for a naval officer!

As I said to Pip I'd never moan again I didn't say anything but this is one of the reasons that I'd not been on here much since Monday.
    But it seems to be fine now.

Pip Madeley Guest

Well, I'm glad to see it's a bit smoother, but I'm continuing to work with Streamline to test responses from the MySQL server so we can work out the root of the problem, so bear with us if things slow down again over the weekend (I'm not going to be online much!).

Is it anything to do with the number of 'Guests' on the site? I doubt it, but I don't know for sure.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm relieved in a way that I'm not on my own suffering from chronic treacality at the moment, as I'd only have to write out a report if it were the library system playing up. Slapped wrist PS ISP though.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Is it anything to do with the number of 'Guests' on the site? I doubt it, but I don't know for sure.
    It's all those OG spies trying to stir up trouble with their Catherine Tate hatred and belief Jon Pertwee stories were the best.

This says it all on looking for new posts - it's taken 30+ seconds before, which is surely dialup speed.

Showing results 1 to 20 of 112
    Search took 15.31 seconds.

Pip Madeley Guest

We are monitoring the situation - if we're still having these problems during the week, then we will have to work with our web hosts to transfer the forums onto an alternative server. Which could mean PS will be closed for a short period of time.

As always, we'll keep you posted.

Wayne Guest

Dunno about anyone else, but i'm still getting these same problems, more or less. I log-in. It seems alright for the first few posts, & then it's: slow..... ok.... slow..... ok...... It's like it's on a timer to sludge up every couple of minutes.

Pip Madeley Guest

We've requested a move to another server, just a case of waiting for a reply/some action.

Wayne Guest

Ah right. Fingers crossed were not off-line for too long if/when it happens.

Pip Madeley Guest

Shouldn't be too long, it shouldn't take them 20 minutes to swap us across. But I'm prepared for the worst...

What, back to ezboard?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    What, back to ezboard?!
    I think you must be confusing 'server', with 'host'. The server is just an invisible behind the scenes technical thing. (Someone else could explain the technical details more thoroughly if you want them, but that explanation is good enough for me. )

I think you might be confusing "joke" with "not-joke".

Pip Madeley Guest

Bloody typical. We're ready to swap servers and the forum's faster than ever.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Bloody typical. We're ready to swap servers and the forum's faster than ever.
    It didn't last long...... In fact it's been the same for the most part, i reckon. Ok for 2 minutes & then sludge for 5 mins. It's like one step forward & 2 steps back. It doing my head in!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    I think you might be confusing "joke" with "not-joke".
    You kids these days never take anything seriously...