Default Doctor Who noises in real life

I was on the train this morning and I noticed that the rail I was holding on to was making a noise exactly like the homing signal in "The Seeds of Death". More to the point, if I put different amounts of pressure on the rail I could recreate the scene where Miss Kelly tunes the satellite that was to transmit the homing signal. This amused me and no one else on the train.

This isn't the first time I've had a proper Doctor Who noise on a train - the last one made WOTAN's thinking noise when it was sat in a station.

Then there's the printer at work which started squeaking and, if printing on A3, sounded exactly like a control sphere from "The Web of Fear".

Who needs Radiophonic Workshop CDs when such sounds are all around us. Aren't they?
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

I'm glad it's not just me! We have a particular lathe at work, that when it starts sounds EXACTLY like the 'sting' into the end titles from the Pertwee/Baker era.

I cam imagine Lissa sitting on the train rocking herself with a smile on her face, and everyone around her feeling slightly disturbed! ;-)

I remember in a docu for the sounds of Star Wars how the sound engineers just went around everywhere with tape recording interesting sounds in those pre computer ages, and a lot of sounds were just sped up/slowed down and mixed with another sound to make an effect.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

There's a digger on site here that has a reverse alarm that sounds just like a Cybermat from Tomb of the Cybermen....

Once upon a time I started a thread documenting my experiences of this unique phenomenon: http://www.planetskaro.org.uk/forums...ead.php?t=2745
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Wow - I remember that thread ... was it really 2 years ago? 2009 in some ways has failed to register to me as ayear ... where'd it go?
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

As our washing machines stops spinning, and the drum rocks, it makes a noise very like the sound that accompanies the appearance of a Mire Beast in part 1 of The Chase.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    As our washing machines stops spinning, and the drum rocks, it makes a noise very like the sound that accompanies the appearance of a Mire Beast in part 1 of The Chase.
    Gales of laughter?

The microwave in our office kitchenette sounds uncannily like a Silurian cutting its way through rock. In fact, come to think of it, we have had quite a few people off lately...

Has your office been suffering from mysterious power cuts recently Ian?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

My fridge can often be heard making the "console room at rest" noise from the 80s. It's quite relaxing at night. I also have a toy Dalek that makes noises that sound like a Dalek, but that probably doesn't count.

(I say 80s, they probably started using it in the 70s sometime, but I don't know when).