Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

It's the one I was referring to as well regards the Toulouse Lautrec painting, Jonno.
    Last edited by Stuart Wallis; 18th Jul 2010 at 1:53 PM.

Lots of details and photos from the recording here: http://www.tom-baker.co.uk/pages/new....asp?NewsID=60

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

The sound designer looks promising...

Yay for Carole Boyd aka Lynda Snell from The Archers appearing in Demon Quest!

Tom's doing four more for the BBC next year: http://www.tom-baker.co.uk/forum/vie...php?f=27&t=712

Si xx

Tom himself on a forum?

GEDDIM ON PS!

Si.

According to a post on his forum, Tom has agreed to do two Big Finish projects.

Si xx

[TOM]*gazes straight into camera* Yes! Two marvelous projects! Don't tell anyone, but I'll be making the sandwiches for a week and holding the microphone for Sylvester McCoy! Hahahahahahhaaaaaaa![/TOM]
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

News on Tom at Big Finish:
    We’re delighted to announce that Tom Baker will be playing the Fourth Doctor in a number of audio adventures for Big Finish, to be released from the beginning of 2012. Storylines and scripts are already at an advanced stage, and we plan to start recording early in the summer.

The first season of six single-disc releases will begin in January 2012, with a second season of seven single-disc releases to follow at a date to be confirmed. There will also be a five-disc box set entitled Doctor Who: The Lost Stories – The Fourth Doctor Box Set... The producers across the Fourth Doctor adventures are Nicholas Briggs and David Richardson.

“As many of you will know, we've been talking to Tom for a long time,” says Big Finish executive producer Nick Briggs. “David Richardson and I went to visit Tom at his home not long ago to chat about it all. We had a really great time. At that point, I sincerely felt that had we taken a microphone with us, Tom would have started there and then - but, of course, there are always finer details to sort out. Now that our plans are in place, and Tom has enthusiastically told the world that we're going ahead, we thought it best follow-up with our own announcement. Rest assured that in the coming months we will be releasing news on this as soon as we are able.”

Executive producer Jason Haigh-Ellery says: "I am delighted that Tom will be joining the Big Finish audio adventures of Doctor Who. As a small child, I remember how charismatic and engaging his performance was each Saturday tea time - and we are all looking forward to recreating that era again."

We can confirm that the companions in these productions will be Louise Jameson as Leela and Mary Tamm as Romana, and some familiar monstrous faces from the past will be popping up too.
    I'm almost tempted to come back to BF and see what they do for the Fourth Doctor...

Si xx

Obviously hugely exciting news. Canny that they are single disc releases, and these will obviously run simultaneously with the regular double disc releases like the Eighth Doctor. Tamm and Jameson were a shoe-in, presumably Sladen is still out of bounds with the BBC contractual connections, which is a shame. I wonder if a multi-Doctor team-up is out of the question?

The "Lost Stories" box set is an odd move. So he wouldn't do "The Holy Terror" but he'll happily do a load of stories not good enough to use for TV! Will we get "Scratchman"? "Killer Cats of Gin Sengh"? "The Dark Dimension"? (probably not now Courtney has gone).

As ever, we'll not count our chickens until it's actually recorded though.

Si.

This is great news - when BF go for it they certainly go for it. 13 new stories plus a Lost Stories set (they have to do the one he wrote and its a shame there is no way in the universe they could do the Krikit Men. A little piece of me would love to hear them have Tom do a dramatic reading of Shada just to annoy an unnamed plutoid).

So hoorah for Big Finish and Tom Baker.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

I really hope they get him to read his "Shada" lines! Come on! Before it's too late!

We know that 2-e are plotting something for "Shada" on DVD - is it too much to hope that people will get together and we will get some kind of fabulous animated co-effort, released simultaneously on DVD and CD? Is it?

Si.

They've certainly been quite canny at signing him up for so many stories. At least if he decides not to do any more, they've got their money's worth out of him!

Si xx

It's quite amusing that they obviously didn't want to announce this til it was in the can, but Tom has blabbed about it so they have to come out with a statement.

The big question will be, and bear in mind that a LOT of time has passed, Tom and Louise once wern't talking and that's ok now, and at one stage Tom even doing Big Finish seemed impossible..... Can they reunite Tom and Lalla???

Si.

I'd definitely buy them if they could Si!

Si xx

They wouldn't even have to be in the same studio, so why not?

Si.

Well quite- there's no real reason why they couldn't. Lalla has said she'd be happy to work with him, so fingers crossed.

Si xx

Is this enough to tempt me into the Big Finish market? I'm not too sure as yet.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Fourth Doctor Pre-orders
    (26/03/2011)
    We’re delighted to launch the pre-order service for The Fourth Doctor Adventures, starring Tom Baker.

Season One will be available from January 2012, and comprises six single disc releases with Louise Jameson as Leela set immediately after The Talons of Weng-Chiang.

Season Two will follow at a date TBA, and comprises seven single disc releases with Mary Tamm as Romana set immediately after The Armageddon Factor.

A five-disc box set entitled Doctor Who: The Lost Stories – The Fourth Doctor Box Set will also be available in January 2012. It features a six-part story and a four-part story, both with Louise Jameson as Leela. The first of these stories will be announced in April.

The seasons can be pre-ordered separately or as a bundle with the box set. Download options are also available.

The special pre-order prices are valid until 31 July 2011 11:59pm (UK Time).
    Si xx

*breathes in deeply*

OK dear, I'll get these ones.

Though I'm not buying everyone a copy!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Yay!

Si xx

Hurrah!

Bit desperate to get the pre-ordering window open, these plays can't have been even recorded yet. I've worked out you save £5 if you order them a year in advance!! Think I'll wait a BIT nearer the time, it's not like they are going to be limited edition.

Si.

Given the possibility of Tom changing his mind, I reckon that they wouldn't be offering these for sale unless he had recorded them.

I think their hand was forced into the announcement by him blabbing excitedly on his website, so they must have thought that given word was out, they might as well collect some cash. I'm sure I've read from elsewhere that they haven't taped them yet. I could be wrong though!

Si.