Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Or Lis being Lis...

They're doing The Foe From The Future as one of the Tom Lost stories. It'll be the 6 parter, with the four parter still to be announced.

Apparently, according to DWM, there will be some old foes against the Doctor too... what's the betting it's the Daleks?

There will also a BBC Tom series, by Paul Magrs in the autumn, Serpent Crest with Franklin and Mrs Wibbsey.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Isn't that just an early version of "Talons" though? I thought these were single disc releases as well!

Si.

Well it's not quite an early version of Talons according to the Revisitations DVD. At least Robert Banks-Stewart was keen to dispell that particular myth. It's about a sinister circus or something and a village where people keep disappearing.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Important audio adventure information -

Producer David Richardson has also revealed that the adventures will utilise the 'gothic' wooden console room from Season 14!
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

...which will work rather well on audio...

I don't normally listen to the BF podcasts (Nick Briggs talking to himself isn't really my idea of fun) but I couldn't resist listening to the latest one - they are brief, but there are clips in there from the Tom & Leela recordings. They don't sound exactly like 1977, but not bad at all!

In the words of eccentric movie scientist Dr Who, most exciting!!

The BF podcast IS lots of fun. Briggs, Spraggers and David Hummus Richardson are a great team. Hopefully they'll all be back for May's batch.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

The new BF podcast has the full trailer for the Tom/ Leela series.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    (Nick Briggs talking to himself isn't really my idea of fun)
    It's the only decent conversation he gets these days...

First BF cover:

Nice.

I wonder if the Tom/Lis ones will be rewritten for other companions...or has that happened already?

As far as we know they never got as far as writing any. She was only ever a "maybe" on even doing them, probably as she knew she was ill.

Si.

And another:

plus details:
    This one is by the talented chaps at Amazing15, and is the already spoken about second release, The Renaissance Man, in which the Doctor meets Harcourt, a man who rivals the Doctor's own intellectual abilities. Is he the Doctor's equal? Does he surpass the brain power of our favourite Time Lord? And who will win their battle of wits and wills?

Find out in February 2012 when Ian McNeice will be playing Harcourt and sparring with the Fourth Doctor. The Renaissance Man, starring Tom Baker and Louise Jameson, is available for pre-order now, or you can pre-order the entire first series!

From great to awful. The "Camera 004" box outs are so tacky and that picture of Tom has been used on a million and one things.

Ugh.

Si.

Just to add to what Si said I gather that due to getting then go-ahead quite late in the day the script to studio turnaround for these has been quite short so they've been all been written for either Leela or Romana I.
    I don't believe any of the scripts were written for Sarah Jane as Lis had requested to delay her involvement for now sadly obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    Season 15 has the original version of "State of Decay" and "Killers in the Dark" or whatever "Gengh Singh" wants to be called this week.

From Season 16 there's "The Lords of Misrule" by Ted Willis.

If they get desperate then they could drag Hinchlcliffe's "Valley of the Lost" from 1979 into the equation or bloody "Erinella ella ella eh eh" by Pennant Roberts.
    No scripts are known to exist for the original State of Decay or Errinella, though.

Squeee time! Raquel Cassidy and David from The Archers guest star

Why on Earth would he still be wearing the Talons costume!!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Why on Earth would he still be wearing the Talons costume!!

Si.
    BF have confirmed that this story takes place immediately after Talons.

What, so soon after they don't even have time to change?!

You wouldn't, would you? That outfit is fab. Leela on the other hand I'm sure would've stripped beyond her bloomers the moment the Tardis disappeared into the ether.

#dammitbrent

Who's that other woman on the cover? I'm sure she's had a few.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Who's that other woman on the cover? I'm sure she's had a few.

Si.
    Lol. I'm pretty sure that's Raquel Cassidy.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    Lol. I'm pretty sure that's Raquel Cassidy.
    Wait a minute what's Cleaves from The Rebel Flesh/ The Almost People doing on space station Nerva?

Oh and latest blurb suggests that the Doctor and Leela are still in Victorian London at the start of this story.