Thread: Planet Kembel?

Default Planet Kembel?

I've just received an email welcoming me to "planet kembel forums" giving me my username and password... the thing is I haven't joined, or attempted to join, any forums at all, and I've certainly never heard of planet kembel (other than the actual planet Kembel that is... if it counts as a real planet). But it seems a bit too close to the bone to be just random spam. Is it some subsidiary of Planet Skaro? Or is someone trying to steal my identity in order to make lots of nasty and inflammatory posts and blacken my good name? Or maybe whiten my darkened name...

It sounds like a place where Planet Skaro posters go when they want to take a holiday.

I might start a Planet Desperus Forum.

Si.

It almost certainly sounds like a phishing email. I'd just ignore it if I were you.

It does, but it's even got zbigniev hamson as my username :/ I'm definitely not clicking anything in it though.

It is indeed a miserable and evil sphere but it's Ian Levine not anything robotic. Planet Kembel is the new name for the ILF and presumably they're spamming the thousands who signed up for his old board just to laugh at the old fool and left almost immediately because it stank.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Steve got a similiar mesage last night apparently too.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I feel quite left out. What's the fat bastard got against me?

Si.

I joined and swelled the ranks. Actually, I found that I had ALREADY joined and swelled the ranks before I clicked on the link!

I looked through it and it all felt... rather familiar. Ho hum!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

You should all go on and tell people to come and visit Planet Skaro!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Take him back Kendall, take him back to Kendall, let the Darlicks deal with him!

Take him back to Kendall!!

Oh well that explains it all then, I do indeed recall joining ages ago just to laugh at something and never went back. Interesting choice of forum name though... Skaro is, after Earth (and maybe Gallifrey), the most famous planet in Doctor Who. Kembel... isn't.

edit: damn, beaten to it

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    It is indeed a miserable and evil sphere but it's Ian Levine not anything robotic. Planet Kembel is the new name for the ILF and presumably they're spamming the thousands who signed up for his old board just to laugh at the old fool and left almost immediately because it stank.
    I was listening to a podcast yesterday saying that half the fun of the new series will be to monitor the reactions of Ian Levine and Lawrence Miles. I'm told Lawrence should be particularly rant-a-licious as he holds a particular bile towards Moffat.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

It sounds like a ploy to keep Ian's ego in check - after all, how many times does he go on about the THOUSANDS of members his forum has?

By moving to a new forum (which uses a better host than the old one), Ian loses all the thousands of people who joined up to see what was going on, then quickly left. So what' the best way of getting people? Sending them several invitations to join up, and then after they don't join up, you make them members anyway.

Net result? The forum has 3000 members and Ian thinks he's the most popular person EVER for his huge forum. Who cares that most of them never signed up to the new forum, and will probably never go there again...
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

Philip, I read your post, then I read your signature, and I thought - how wonderfully apt!

See, that's the proper way to spell Philip !

Who's been getting it wrong then? and I'll send The Lads round; unless it's been me in which case I must be suddenly be sober again for which I humbly apologise - pass the Tizer!

(Phillip Culley spells his name with two l's, I've just noticed, the strange man...)
    Last edited by Stuart Wallis; 28th Mar 2010 at 1:38 PM.

Trouble in paradise?

Hi There

As a member of Planet Kembel - The Ian Levine Discussion Forum you will have recieved an e mail from Mike Nuttall who was an administrator here informing you Planet Kembel had moved to a new server, However, due to problems with this new forum and decisions made by Mr Nuttall which affected the forum we have been forced to return to our original forum, which is in the process of a large review to improve it.

Please reset your bookmarks to http://ianlevine.forumco.com/default.asp

any other forums which claim to be Planet Kembel are NOT supported by Ian Levine

Hope to see you there

Thanks

Russ Port (Head Admin)
    Ian Levine
    It's Bucks Fizz all over again.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

There's a very long thread on GB with Levine and the other guy arguing the toss over this affair. Entertaining reading if you have a spare hour.

I've waded through the first page and a half and I want to attack it with a machete. To sum up - Levine is threatening to sue his former admin because Levine claims he owns the name "Planet Kembel" (which the BBC and Terry Nation actually own) and the design (which is a freely available board template). It's also worrying how many people there still are out there who don't think Levine is a grotesque and irredeemable cock.

#dammitbrent

So can I get my Levine fix on Planet Kembel or the New Planet Kembel?

Take us back to the real Kembel!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Or any Kembel without Ian - it's probably safer!

I just found this email in my junk box. I don't know how the spam filter knows to put it there, along with all the stuff about rolexes and half price "meds", but it just shows the technology is working

There's a joke there somewhere about 'Enormous quantities of sweaty spam' and 'Clogging up your filter' but I can't quite put my finger on it.

I got an e-mail from them but I hardly ever go on there.