Default Dennis Hopper has died

From the BBC:
    Actor Dennis Hopper is terminally ill and is unable to undergo chemotherapy to treat prostate cancer, his lawyer has said in court papers. Joseph Mannis said his client was therefore unable to be questioned by lawyers of his wife of 14 years as part of divorce proceedings.

In previous court documents, Hopper had said he hoped chemotherapy would be successful and that he could recover. The film star, 73, filed for divorce from Victoria Hopper in January.

In the papers, which state that Hopper weighs about 7st 2lb (45kg), he is described by his doctor, David Agus, as extremely weak and unable to have long conversations.

Being questioned by his wife's lawyers "could actually threaten his ability to survive the current health crisis", Dr Agus adds.

But he has approved an appearance by Hopper to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Friday because it would be good for his state of mind.

Last month, a judge ruled that Mrs Hopper must stay at least 10ft (3m) away from her husband after the actor said he wanted to eliminate unnecessary stress. In previous papers filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Hopper - who has been married five times - claimed his wife had engaged in "outrageous conduct" over the past year.

He alleges she has been difficult over visitation rights for their six-year-old daughter Galen.

Mrs Hopper, 42, meanwhile, said the actor threatened her, smoked marijuana around their daughter and that his illness had left him unable to make sound decisions. She has also claimed that he filed for divorce so that he could cut her out of her inheritance.

The actor, best known for films including Easy Rider, Apocalypse Now and Blue Velvet, has denied all the claims.
    Of course, I remember him best from Speed and Super Mario Brothers.

This is double sad news, I don't think contesting a legal battle is the best way to spend the last years of your life.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I've known his health was going for some time and didn't like him having to go through a divorce in his circumstances. But then I remembered what a legacy it was to inherit! I can see why he went through with the divorce in a weird way.
    Easy Rider is the film I'll remember him more for. It's really a great pity the rumours of him being a guest in the last series never came true as Dennis Hopper would have been really suited to the series.
    His era ended some time ago but that's the catch all that's banded around in tribute anyway.
    There's nothing more I can do except thank him for giving us art.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Of course, I remember him best from Speed and Super Mario Brothers.
    Really? I remember him as the very disturbed villain Frank in the brilliant Blue Velvet.

If you've not seen it you really should - it's a terrifying performance he puts in. If he could have played Max in the Christmas Specials, it would have been phenomenal. In some ways he channelled a little bit of Frank into every villain he played afterwards.

I guess it's what's hard to believe about the actor getting a terminal illness, you're used to his unstoppable villain persona, but in truth he's just as fragile as the rest of us ...
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

What a sad end. For us we watched Land Of The Dead zombie movie where he was the villain this week, and scratched our head at the end going 'has he died?'. Alas he has now.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Tis very very sad news. He had a truly bizarre career (especially some of his work in the 60's) but was a superb actor who put in a lot of very memorable performances in some classic films.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

RIP Dennis Hopper.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

excellent actor, I liked him in appocolypse now. Gary coleman has also recently died, the child star from different strokes. I think that he died from a brain tumor. It may have been anouther brain problem i am not entirely sure.

From what I read Gary Coleman always had poor health - his diminutive stature was a result of kidney problems.