Default Classic Doctor Who on the Sci-Fi Channel This Easter Weekend!!!

Just caught an advert for it. Can't find any details on the Sci-Fi UK website, but this Easter Weekend "feature length"* Doctor Who episodes being shown.

From the clips I saw "Revenge Of The Cybermen", "Logopolis", "The Caves Of Androzani" and "The Two Doctors".
    Nothing we haven't seen before and we could go to an early grave saying what stories they should have shown instead but... this has got to be a pleasant bonus? Although I hope they don't take it personally when the ratings tail off when "The Eleventh Hour" gets shown! (Wonder what story will be running when that happens?)
    Anyone else making a weekend of it as well?

*=ie, the UK Gold edits!

I really nostalgically loved those mornings they'd show Doctor Who on Sundays on UK Gold. I think I might spend this next Sunday morning in bed with a Doctor Who DVD and be damned.

[Meanwhile at the same time, you'll be watching the new stuff ... but pah I say]
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowNZ View Post
    I really nostalgically loved those mornings they'd show Doctor Who on Sundays on UK Gold. I think I might spend this next Sunday morning in bed with a Doctor Who DVD and be damned.

[Meanwhile at the same time, you'll be watching the new stuff ... but pah I say]
    And don't forget K-9 on Disney XD at 4 PM on Sunday! (I checked and due to an admin error I seem to have this channel as well!)

And using the Sky guide to see one week into the future...

Things kick off on Friday at 2.00 PM with "The Ark In Space", then "The Face Of Evil" at 4. "Pyramids of Mars" at 6 and then "Ark In Space" gets repeated again at 8. (Unless that's a Sky Guide error?) that's all for Friday.

Saturday begins at 2.00PM again with... "The Face Of Evil" (*starts to get that sinking feeling...) then "Pyramids of Mars" again... Oh! Then "Logopolis".(This will be the one being shown when "The Eleventh Hour" is on) and finally "Earthshock" at 8.00PM.

Earlier start on the Sunday at 12PM (I'm typing this as I find out, so sue me if I lose interest!) with... "Logopolis", "Earthshock", "Revenge of the Cybermen" (who the hell is scheduling these things?) "Caves of Androzani" at 5.30PM.
    "The Two Doctors" at 7.30 and... that's it.

Hmmm, I suppose it's the thought that counts and it is good to see the show on a channel other than the BBC but... couldn't they have got some other stories instead of the repeats?

Don't tell me I need to put the above in spoiler tags?

I think it's the nature of Sci-Fi channel - it is rather repeat heavy from past experience.

It will be a bit like flooding TV with Doctor Who on it's return. People will be wishing for another hiatus come Monday!

Mind you and I know I'm going to be lynched for mentioning this. The day before Rose, Ch4 showed the movie the Dalek Invasion of Earth. My son absolutely loved it - and when we got home demanded to see it again - new Who he wasn't so bothered about.

I do feel a bit in the mood for a Cushing double bill myself. I love the films for the vision they gave us of "Doctor Who with a budget" ... plus their legacy to the TV series was several quality made Daleks which were used in later TV shows.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Quality made Daleks that could only be improved with the addition of a torch and two jam jars.

Revenge of The Cybermen is the only one that's not out on DVD, so it's an opportunity to catch that one. I wonder what they'll be showing on Sci-Fi HD? Will we be getting the filmised and widescreened version of these episodes?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

According to the Doctor Who Newspage the schedule for the weekend is:

The UK Sci-Fi channel is devoting much of the Easter holiday weekend to repeats of episodes from the classic series of Doctor Who.

Stories from the 4th, 5th and 6th Doctors are being shown starting at 2pm on Good Friday.

Schedule
    Friday 2nd April
    1400-1600 - The Ark in Space
    The Doctor investigates sinister goings-on at a space station used as a deep-freeze for the whole future population of Earth. He discovers that the station has been invaded by giant alien insects, the Wirrn.
    1600-1800 - The Face of Evil
    The Doctor meets the Tribe of Sevateem on a jungle planet - and finds himself hunted as the Evil One.
    1800-2000 - Pyramids of Mars
    When an archaeologist uncovers an ancient Egyptian tomb in 1911, he also awakens Sutekh, the alien god of evil, who is trapped in his prison on Mars.
    2000-2200 - Ark in Space (Repeat from 2pm)

Saturday 3rd April
    1400-1600 - Face of Evil (Repeat from Friday)
    1600-1800 - Pyramids of Mars (Repeat from Friday)
    1800-2000 - Logopolis
    The Doctor and his companions travel to Logopolis, a planet of brilliant mathematicians, in order to repair the chameleon circuit in the TARDIS. It's Tom Baker's last adventure as The Doctor.
    2000-2200 - Earthshock
    The Cybermen plan to crash a spaceship into prehistoric Earth, deleting the human race from history.

Sunday 4th April
    1200-1350 - Logopolis (Repeat from Saturday)
    1350-1540 - Earthshock (Repeat from Saturday)
    1540-1730 - Revenge of the Cybermen
    The Doctor faces an old enemy on the planet of gold.
    1730-1930 - The Caves of Androzani
    When the Doctor faces a shadowy adversary on the planet Androzani Minor, he and companion Peri are lethally poisoned with Spectrox.
    1930-2200 - The Two Doctors
    Two versions of the time-travelling hero face both the warrior Sontarans and an alien race that is obsessed with food in Spain.

Monday 5th April
    1200-1350 - Warriors of the Deep
    In 2084, a cold war rages on Earth while deep beneath the oceans, intelligent reptile creatures from the time of the dinosaurs plot to destroy the human race.
    1350-1540 - Revenge of the Cybermen (Repeat from Sunday)
    1540-1740 - Caves of Androzani (Repeat from Sunday)
    1740-2010 - The Two Doctors (Repeat from Sunday)
    2010-2200 - Warriors of the Deep (Repeat from earlier)

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

I don't have the Sci-Fi Channel.

And if I did I would probably be not allowed to watch any of it.

Ha ha! Forgot to check Monday's listings! Oh well, 9 Who stories across 4 days is quite good going for a non-BBC channel. It's just a shame these are wheeled out for special occasions.
    I never realised how good we had it with UK Gold.

I caught a trailer for the Sci-Fi channel 'Who weekend' - I have to say it was quite a good trailer!!!

I can't be the only one who is a bit disappointed, surely? OK, it's nice to see classic Who bieng shown over a holiday weekend, but there are a total of 69 stories (not including Trial) making up the fourth, fifth and sixth Doctor's eras, and yet they picked a mere nine and repeated most of them the next day, some even on the same day! They had slots for 16 four parters and two six parters, but chose eight and one respectively.

It's probably cheaper to repeat a few stories several times than show a lot of shows. Besides I thought that's satellite TV's way - I know with Sci Fi channel they used to show the same episode of Sliders no less than 3 times in the same 24 hours period.