Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

my copy arrived today which was quite a suprise as iI was sure i'd pre-ordered it from Amazon, only for it to turn up with a galaxy 4 stamp on it.

I've just pre-ordered mine from Zavvi, which appears to be the cheapest online price @ £11.85. Has anyone here ever ordered anything from Zavvi? What are they like for delivery and service?

Fine, I've used them plenty of times.

Si.

As contender for my favourite Tom Baker story, I will have to get this. I haven't seen it for ages.

Friday night in on my own. New Doctor Who DVD of a story I've not seen in an age. Hot chilli for tea... perfect!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Friday night in on my own.... perfect!
    And what have you done to Steve? OH MY!

Oh Stuart, it was such a waste!

Si xx

It's more serious than death, Mr Wallis. I was changing form.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

My dear old thing, my apologies for not recognising you! Glad to see you're all right - the extra three heads and the padded upholstery threw me completely...

This DVD has one of the finest Making Of... documentaries they've done so far. I don't know what they did differently, but it felt like the length was justified (not something you can say for them all), that there was a decent number of contributors who all had something really interesting to say about the story and there was a genuine affection for the story from them all. It was just lovely.

Si xx

Captain Tancredi Guest

I was pleasantly surprised to find this waiting for me when I got home today, not least because I ordered it from Amazon a while back with free delivery. I'm watching the extras tonight but I won't watch the main story until the weekend- the first time I saw the story properly was at a Halloween-themed local group meeting some 20+ years ago, and I want to save this particular pleasure until Sunday. Which is going to be a busy day, but that's another story.

Mine arrived today, along with a refund of 6p as the price changed between me pre-oredering it and its release. Woo, I'll enjoy it all the more now I know it cost me less than I thought....

6p! This is living! Don't spend it all at once.

It was a good commentary for this one. The rotation of people worked well, but it's very noticeable how Tom changes depending on who's commentating with him. One of the episodes he was very insightful and serious, one of the others he was busy trotting out the same old stories we've all heard before. Not that that's a huge problem, I just found it interesting that occasionally we get a glimpse of the man underneath the stories.

John Challis was ever so good all the way through. I thought it was a pity though that he didn't do part 6 and talk about his onscreen death, but I suppose that'd been covered in the documentary. And he talked over the two occasions when he fired a gun (which he was sure Scorby never did!)

Si xx

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I thought it was a pity though that he didn't do part 6 and talk about his onscreen death, but I suppose that'd been covered in the documentary.
    This is actually something I've noticed on quite a few of the DVDs: the same thing gets talked about in the commentary, the documentary and the production subtitles, which can sometimes leave one feeling a bit let down by one or more of them. It's nice to split things across the available sections.

Just got back with a copy from Asda for £13 something or other.
    Be back soon!

Very more-ish! Didn't mean to do it all in one sitting but it sucked me in.
    "Ok, one more episode then... ok, one more episode..." and before I knew it I was watching part six.
    When I saw clips from this show I wasn't convinced it was going to be as wonderful as I found it.
    *Stupid random thing that only I could possibly like* It was great seeing those camera interference lines whenever the machine guns got fired!

And the use of video makes it harder to tell which parts where done in a studio and which were on location. (Apart from the Green Cathedral, the Antarctic Base and the rollerblades)
    Not done the commentary yet, but I'm really tempted to watch it with the isolated incidental track.
    First thing I watched was Stripped For Action, not quite the nostalgia fix I thought it would have been. I liked hearing how the magazine came together. And Sharon! Forgot all about her...

Happy customer!

We were amazed the scenes on the rooftop as the Doctor jumps through the skylight window were done in studio!

Si.

This is the second thread on PS I've seen today with DOOM in the title!

We're doomed!

Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

We've all got a touch of the DOOOOOOMS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Didn't mean to do it all in one sitting but it sucked me in.