Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pip Madeley Guest

I'll let you know Jonno

Those who've not done it yet, please do! The money we make from New Beginnings will be used in a special competition!

This sounds superb, but I must admit, I wasn't planning on buying this just yet. Will PS still make money from this if I bought 'New Beginnings' a couple of months down the line?

Pip Madeley Guest

Will PS still make money from this if I bought 'New Beginnings' a couple of months down the line?
    Yes Dave

We make money on anything you buy from Sendit.

Lovely stuff!

Well I've joined and added my pre-order. I hope it's gone through ok.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Is this deal a one off or will PS & Send-it have a similar agreement for other releases..

Pip Madeley Guest

Similar for other releases. But sadly we've not had many of you go for it so far.

Thank you Si

Be patient Pip, I've a feeling this will be a gradual thing. A lot of people had already ordered "New Beginnings" with other suppliers when you launched this, and won't want to "lose their place in the queue" by switching orders at a late stage. I think you'll have better success if you plug the scheme for pre-orders of "Survival" when it starts to become available (maybe you ought to start the thread now?)

Si.

Couple of suggestions...

Many people on PS may not visit the forum and read this thread. It may be worthwhile to send out a group email letting everyone know about the deal, and that it works for everything they buy from the site and all the other details.

Secondly, I'm not sure what the status is on the vBulletin renewal, but if there isn't enough money to renew yet, would it be a good idea to use the funds from this to pay for it instead of asking for donations later? If so the site could be practically self perpetuating and for all intents and purposes free for everyone!

I agree, that's an excellent suggestion. That appeals to me more than the idea of prizes, which literally suggests the cash will go to a random person.

In fact I'd go so far as to pledge to support this venture, if the money goes back into paying for PS.

Si.

Will I've clicked on the link, set up a new account and ordered New Beginnings and Season 4 of 24!

Will you get something for my non Dr Who order?

Dave xx

Pip Madeley Guest

Indeed, we've got 76p commission from the 24 DVD thank you fella!

As for the money, when we have a substantial amount we'll ask what people want to see done with it.

We've set up a new account and pre-ordered the second "Torchwood" set. It only took 3 minutes to do. Did you get any money for us Pip?

Si.

Hi Pip, I've registered with a new e-mail account. Just this box set at the moment. If PS has got the commission then I'll pre-order some other stuff.

I still find it weird that we have to set up a new account. I hope we don't have to do this every time we buy something. I know that, for example, the Kirsty MacColl website gets money every time you go to Amazon via a link from their site, but there's no need to set up a new e-mail account first. I'm just trying to think of how/why this would be so on a technical level. What difference would it make when the account is created?

By the way, did you get any money for me pre-ordering "Torchwood"?

Si.

Wayne Guest

Myself, i wasn't planning on getting this release, & like Paul i'm registered for 'i-points' via my existing account, & Sendit is where i get the bulk of my i-points from, so i'm unsure about the whole new account thing.......
    Last edited by Wayne; 24th Jan 2007 at 1:45 PM.

Pip Madeley Guest

If you do the i-Points thing, it's your choice.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I still find it weird that we have to set up a new account.
    Sendit says:

Earn extra cash with your website by joining sendit.com's lucrative Affiliate Programme. By placing a Sendit.com link on your site, any of your customers that become our customers through this link will bring you up to 12% commission on the total of their purchases and any subsequent purchases for a period of 30 days.
    The 30 days thing is a bit annoying, that's why I might look into using Tradedoubler for the future (which will work the same way as the Kirsty MacColl site you mentioned).

On the upside, we've had over 105 worth of orders so far through our link, so thanks everyone

Well, this boxset is now on it's way to me. Posted yesterday, in fact. So with any luck it'll be with me either tomorrow or Sat. Been a long while since I've seen either of the stories.
    I am out there... somewhere.

Pip Madeley Guest

Okay, so it's probably for the best that people cancelled... this from Roobarbs:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE RE. SEND IT 'DOCTOR WHO NEW BEGINNINGS' ORDERS (AND POSSIBLY OTHER STUFF TOO) 'SENT' ON THE 26th

Just got off the phone with Send It and I am NOT happy.

Apparently, all orders sent out on the 26th have been involved in some form of undisclosed 'accident at Gatwick'. The stock is currently in some type of holding situation at the airport, being dealt with by the airport police, being assessed for damage etc, and Send It say we may get things by the end of this week...or the end of NEXT week.

Anyone in this situation who does not receive anything by this Saturday morning's post will be entitled to ring up and get a FULL refund.

We've had a good go at them for not informing their customers of this delay, too.

So that's about it- don't hold your breath, if anything does come check it with a fine tooth comb, and you can have a refund on Saturday morning should you wish.

I didn't, but I suppose I'd better.

It's a shame, the sponsorship was a good idea. I think we were just unlucky with this release.

Now if they'd gone to a proper airport we might have been alright!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Mine finally arrived this morning. Don't know what happened in this Gatwick incident, but the set looks ok, now to find some time to actually sit down and watch the set.

And mine arrived today, huzzah!

The cardboard box is a bit flimsy looking though...

Ordered it yesterday as a birthday pressie to myself.
    I used the link on the home page so hopefully PS should get a little something.