Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default Buy New Beginnings and support Planet Skaro!

I have some very exciting news! Planet Skaro is now an affiliate of Sendit.com, the cheapest place for brand new Doctor Who DVDs online! We are taking part in their Shared Customer Programme, which will benefit our site, and eventually, you!

The deal is this: if you buy the brand new Doctor Who: New Beginnings DVD boxed set, released Monday 22nd January 2007, for the bargain price of 17.89 from Sendit.com through our affiliate link, you'll be getting the very best price possible, saving money *and* supporting the forum, as Planet Skaro will recieve 5% commission on every order! This will rise to 12% in time - the more business we put their way, the more we get back!

We plan to use all the commission made to benefit our members with special competitions, prizes for which we shall buy with the money made. Sendit.com also offer giveaways now and then, and we are very excited about the possilbility of having some on the website soon!

To pre-order New Beginnings and support your forum:

1) register with Sendit.com as a *brand new member* through this link

2) visit the New Beginnings product page through this link
    (click My Basket then go from there)

3) pre-order! and we will recieve 90p commission on your order!

Those of you who have already pre-ordered with Sendit, *please please please* would you do so again, but this time through our link, as you will be helping PS, and this will benefit everyone in due course.
    Last edited by Pip Madeley; 9th Jan 2007 at 5:00 PM.

Can you cancel a pre-order with Sendit? Don't they take the money straight away or did I get that wrong?

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

They don't charge until shipment:

"We do not take payment from your card until an item is in stock and ready to ship."
    Last edited by Pip Madeley; 9th Jan 2007 at 5:26 PM.

Since it makes you happy, I've cancelled and re-ordered

If you can provide a link or some other way of doing it, I'll cancel my preorder of Survival with them and re-order it as well....
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

to late for me i've all ready had mine on pre -order at Galaxy 4 for a while now..m

I bet they take payment in advance as well as charging you double.

Pip, is it just this release? Can we get links for ordering anything from Sendit via PS and earning the forum a discount?

Si.

Sorry, but I'm confused by point 1, Pip. Are you saying we have to register a new account with Sendit, rather than the one I already use?

Pip Madeley Guest

I believe you have to, yes Jonno, to be on the safe side. You just need to use a different e-mail address really. Won't take two ticks to do though.

Can we get links for ordering anything from Sendit via PS and earning the forum a discount?
    Yes, you can! Click the banners at the bottom of the PS home page to go to Sendit and any purchases you make we'll make commission on!
    Last edited by Pip Madeley; 9th Jan 2007 at 9:27 PM.

I believe you have to, yes Jonno, to be on the safe side. You just need to use a different e-mail address really.
    That's a pain as I only have one e-mail address and an already registered with them. It's the main place I get my ipoints from.

Pip Madeley Guest

Well give it a try Paul & Jonno with your current Sendit accounts, using that specific link, and we'll see if it works

Yes, I only have the one email address too, but will try it and surely if we use the link for the actual boxset you provide it should be OK?

Presumably you will know if it's worked somehow, Pip?

Pip Madeley Guest

Sendit track the purchase and will let me know in due course, think it takes a day or two...

Do you mean a day or two from when the order is placed, or a day or two after it's dispatched?

I've just gone to Sendit via the link on the main page and replaced my order for Survival, so hopefully it works
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

Pip Madeley Guest

A day or two after it's despatched and a transaction is made.
    Last edited by Pip Madeley; 10th Jan 2007 at 12:57 AM.

After a day or two, can you tell us if you can do it without registering a new account based on the people that have tried it so far? I'll wait til then, to save creating a new account if I don't have to.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I've checked my account, and I've had one order - so it seems you have to be newly registered in order for us to recieve commission. However, I can provide Planet Skaro e-mail accounts (ie. sihunt@planetskaro.org.uk) which you can use - so if you register a new account at Sendit with the PS e-mail, it'll count towards us and I can make sure that any e-mails you get using that account will be forwarded to your normal e-mail address. I'd appreciate if people would re-register for us - it's a five minute job, and if ten people order it, we make 9! And we can use that as competition funding.

Ant & I do this - so if you e-mailed me at pip@planetskaro.org.uk, it'd actually go to my Yahoo account.
    Last edited by Pip Madeley; 10th Jan 2007 at 10:21 AM.

Will my planet skaro e-mail account automatically redirect to my proper e-mail account?

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Yes, definitely.
    Last edited by Pip Madeley; 10th Jan 2007 at 10:34 AM.

Pip Madeley Guest

We've only had one order with commission so far - come on people!

Well I joined up and ordered on 09/01/07 through the links on here, so I dunno if that's counted or not.

I understand Sendit used to be known as Blackstar, am I right?

Pip Madeley Guest

It must've been your order then - still just one though...

Hang on though Pip - you told us previously that they let you know a day or two after the despatch is made!

And yes Doctor, they were previously known as Blackstar.

Pip Madeley Guest

I was wrong.

It tells me how many clickthroughs (visits) you make, how many registered customers we get and how many orders.

Ah right, thanks for clarifying!

I'll probably take a look at it all at the weekend.

OK, I've gone through the affliliate link in your initial post, Pip, created a new account with my PS email address and pre-ordered New Beginnings.

Hope it all works!