Default Barry Letts - Who & Me

Just spotted this on BBC7, and thought folks might be interested to listen to Barry recounting his career.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rv45s

Part 1's available until Sunday, then I think it's a new part each Sunday for the next six weeks.
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.

It's an excellent listen Ashley. We've got the CD version.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

News to me that Patrick Troughton had to have a lung removed! I've never read this before, and it's not mentioned on his Wikipedia page (not that that's saying much). In fact, Google only provides one other mention of this and it doesn't say when it happened.

The book is unabridged and contains a lot left out of the audio... From a very reputable publisher too!

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    News to me that Patrick Troughton had to have a lung removed! I've never read this before, and it's not mentioned on his Wikipedia page (not that that's saying much). In fact, Google only provides one other mention of this and it doesn't say when it happened.
    I've read it before, although admittedly in another Barry Letts interview, about 16 years ago, when he also said that he and Troughton were both heavy smokers in their youth.

Just finished listening to the last part on the iPlayer. Lots of fun, but it ends with season 8, does the book cover his full tenure? The title of the book (on amazon at least) says it covers 1969-1974, but one of the reviews mentions the last line of the book, which was the same as the last line of the radio series.

Sadly that was as far as he got

I believe the book expands on it a bit, but chronologically that's it.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I've enjoyed listening to it every week on iplayer along with The Price of Fear starring Vincent Price.

Barry's autobiography is very enjoyable and it's a shame he never got to carry on. Now, it's finished, a Paul McGann audio drama will be on instead. Sundays will be Barry-less now, pity they didn't decide to put on his reading of The Daemons instead.

I bought this on DVD and it's very good. I also have The Daemons audio book, Barry does an excellent job bringing The Doctor, Rev Magister and co to life
    'Steed is one of my most valuable subjects he's too valuable to lose'

It's a real shame he wasn't able to to The Three Doctors audiobook as planned, but it was ever so lovely that Katy Manning dedicated it to him.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.