Default Jo Grant and the 11th Doctor team up in in s4 of the SJAs!

Blimey! Can you believe it?

Sarah Jane Smith is reunited with another of The Doctor's former companions, Jo Grant (Katy Manning), in a new series of The Sarah Jane Adventures, set to air on CBBC this autumn. They'll be joined by The Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith), in a special edition of the show penned by executive producer Russell T Davies.

The two episodes will see The Doctor and his two former time-travelling partners caught up in an alien-busting adventure that will entertain Doctor Who fans of all ages.

Elisabeth Sladen, who plays Sarah Jane comments: "It's a fantastic script and I can't wait to work with another Doctor and hope Matt has fun with us. I've known Katy for ages and I am delighted to be working with her. I last met her in LA but this time we will be in Cardiff. LA was good but Cardiff is better."

Katy Manning, who recently returned to live in the UK again, adds: "Playing Jo Grant again is something I never really considered. I was gob-smacked when they told me and I am over the moon. What an incredible little treat. I come home and this is one of the first things that happens."

Executive producer Nikki Wilson says: "We are absolutely thrilled to be introducing Sarah Jane and the gang to both The Eleventh Doctor and Jo Grant, and to have a script penned by Russell T Davies is the icing on the cake!

"Viewers are in for a real treat, with an action-packed story full of Russell's usual wit and warmth, which takes the gang inside a secret base beneath Snowdon and introduces brand-new vulture aliens, the mysterious Shansheeth. All this, plus a trip to an alien planet – a first for The Sarah Jane Adventures."

Featuring the usual mixture of thrills, laughs and scares, the fourth series promises fun with enemies old and new, including the terrors of the Nightmare Man and a dangerous journey back into history.

A galaxy of guest stars are lined up to appear in the series and include Laila Rouass (Primeval, Footballers Wives) and Cheryl Campbell (Pennies From Heaven), whilst David Bradley (Argus Filch in Harry Potter) will provide the voice of the Shansheeth.

The Sarah Jane Adventures is executive produced by Nikki Wilson and Russell T Davies and produced by Brian Minchin.

Writers on the fourth series include Phil Ford (also co-producer), Joseph Lidster, Rupert Laight, Gareth Roberts and Clayton Hickman. The Sarah Jane Adventures is a BBC Cymru Wales/Children's BBC production.
    Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Blimey!

Er.... not really sure what to say about that!

I never thought I'd see RTD writing for the 11th Doctor. Despite having got bored of RTD's writing in Doctor Who, I must admit... I've actually begun to miss his scripts (yes, only three episodes into Moffat's reign, I know...)

So I'm actually rather excited! Aieeeee!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

It's definitely worth an Oh My! isn't it?

Si xx

WTF?!

Jo Grant?!

I have literally nearly soiled myself with excitement.

Si.

I bet it will go right off the end of the camp-o-meter

Camp?

Oh my yes!

Si xx

I've never been so moist.

I hope they have a cat fight and pull each other's wigs off before becoming great friends and looking at slides of Jon Pertwee.

Best news all month! Really excited and looking forward to the next series now. Can't add anything more to this thread that various "Woah!" and "EEEEEEEEEEE!" noises! In fact, I'd be quite happy with Sarah Jane and Jo Grant?

No! I didn't mean like that!...

How lovely!

Codeword: ELECTRON

A bit of news I never expected to see. Interesting, though, that Russell should be writing for the Doctor again - I know it's not quite Doctor Who proper, but even so... Maybe it's not as easy to let go as he thought?

Bleedin' hell - calm down!

No mention of the inevitable Trickster story I see.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    I've never been so moist.

I hope they have a cat fight and pull each other's wigs off before becoming great friends and looking at slides of Jon Pertwee.
    Sounds a bit like Rose and Sarah Jane fighting over Ten, doesn't it?

By the way, it seems Amy isn't in this episode? I suppose there'll be an explanation for it at some stage, possibly she's visiting home, or the episode picks up the Eleventh Doctor after he's finished his travels with her. Or, maybe The Rani has stolen Amy and trapped her head inside a floating bubble inside her TARDIS?

Quote Originally Posted by matthewsch View Post
    By the way, it seems Amy isn't in this episode?
    Maybe he's just dropped her somewhere for 5 minutes???

And returns to find ...

Bah - but it's been done!
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Quote Originally Posted by matthewsch View Post
    Sounds a bit like Rose and Sarah Jane fighting over Ten, doesn't it?

By the way, it seems Amy isn't in this episode? I suppose there'll be an explanation for it at some stage, possibly she's visiting home, or the episode picks up the Eleventh Doctor after he's finished his travels with her. Or, maybe The Rani has stolen Amy and trapped her head inside a floating bubble inside her TARDIS?
    Or maybe she leaves at the end of the current series? It's not been confirmed that she's staying on for next year yet, as far as I know.

SFX (Snarl!) have a lovely interview with Manning and Sladen.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/04/20/katy-manning-talks-jo/

She's had seven Doctors, don't you know!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

There's words for women like that!

Jo! THE Jo? We don't know when we're well off!

well I pretty much never watch the SJA but I'll more then likely be watching this one.