Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Revenge Of The Cybermen/Silver Nemesis - Cheaper Than Gold

“If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Lovely! Both stories we like.

Let's hope the extended "Silly Nem" and that documentary thing is on there.

Si.

I seem to recall one of the RT mentioning on Roobarbs that the US Documentary couldn't be cleared.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

That's a shame. Still I'm sure they can make enough stuff to make this a worthwhile release.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

We'll have to keep the video version in all it's shiny green glory.

It can go in the loft.

Si.

You could wrap the cover round your knee and use it to dazzle cats and small children.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I am excited about this DVD but commentaries are a bit limited for Revenge Of The Cybermen? Only David Collings, Brian Grellis and Christopher Robbie are still alive besides Tom Baker and Elizabeth Sladen, from the original cast? It would be great to hear Phillip Hinchcliffe's thoughts on it. Come to think of it, I think Sladen is a shoe in as she can roll out her "nearly drowned whilst filiming" convention pleaser!
    Has Carey Blyton had his own documentary yet?
    Has Keff McCulloch has his own extra?
    I'd like to have McCoy rather than Aldred to comment on the whole of Silver Nemesis, and no fan commentary! I want! I want! I want!

And even not, it's still worth having the two.

I am excited about this DVD but commentaries are a bit limited for Revenge Of The Cybermen? Only David Collings, Brian Grellis and Christopher Robbie are still alive besides Tom Baker and Elizabeth Sladen, from the original cast? It would be great to hear Phillip Hinchcliffe's thoughts on it. Come to think of it, I think Sladen is a shoe in as she can roll out her "nearly drowned whilst filiming" convention pleaser!
    Not really limited at all then!

Si.

Hasn't Sladen ruled herself out of contributing to the classic range? Unless it was recorded some time ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Not really limited at all then!

Si.
    Well I wanted Kellman, Jeremy Wilkin to comment! Wait a minute!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Wilkin he's still alive! I thought he was dead? Guess we have rich resources for this commentary after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    Hasn't Sladen ruled herself out of contributing to the classic range? Unless it was recorded some time ago?
    Has anybody done the "Somebody should say to Sladen: Get you tiger..." on the forum before? (I do like her as an actress, but if there wasn't SJA, she'd jump at the chance to do the commentary)

Just cleared at the BBFC....

00:28:15:24 CHEQUES
    LIES AND VIDEOTAPE - DOCTOR WHO
    00:00:21:00 (DOCTOR WHO - REVENGE OF THE CYBERMEN DVD EXTRAS - EASTER EGG)
    00:25:22:13 (DOCTOR WHO - REVENGE OF THE CYBERMEN DVD EXTRAS - THE TIN MEN AND THE WITCH)
    00:04:35:20 REVENGE OF THE CYBERMEN (PHOTO GALLERY)
    00:05:53:10 (DOCTOR WHO - REVENGE OF THE CYBERMEN DVD EXTRAS - LOCATION REPORT)

Cheques, Lies and Videotapes is about the fan video network of the 70s/ 80s apparently. Should be interesting. I was a part of that! (not the documentary!)

Si xx

Isn't the Location Report the one which is already on the Ark in Space DVD?

Revenge is long overdue for release and I am delighted it's soon to be released

Silly Nem stuffs:

00:33:29:20 INDUSTRIAL ACTION - REMEMBERING SILVER NEMESIS (FEATURETTE)
    00:07:35:14 SILVER NEMESIS - PHOTO GALLERY
    00:22:29:23 DOCTOR WHO - SILVER NEMESIS - DELETED AND EXTENDED SCENES
    00:05:30:02 UNTITLED (TV SPOTS)

Si xx

Time And The Rani has 11 extras and between these two stories there are only...9? I'll still buy them, but it was interesting to see.
    Are more extras to be announced?

It's a pointless affair trying to compare extras by number. Most of the ones for TatR are very short, and off the shelf. Revenge/Nemesis looks like it'll have close to an hour & a half of new material, whereas TatR has about 40 mins. Seems about right to me.

I don't understand. TATR was a crucial story in DWs history and a Doctor debut. why should it have minimal extras? Because you don't like it?

Si.

That's not what I'm saying, I love TatR and look forward to it's release. I'm saying it has comparable extras to Revenge/Nemesis (imo) budget wise.

I was replying to the post before yours Steve.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I was replying to the post before yours Steve.

Si.
    No, I like all three stories myself. I just thought they'd be more extras?
    Did you mean my post? I'm confused now...

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    It's a pointless affair trying to compare extras by number. Most of the ones for TatR are very short, and off the shelf. Revenge/Nemesis looks like it'll have close to an hour & a half of new material, whereas TatR has about 40 mins. Seems about right to me.
    I think I know what you mean - with some of the releases of stories which are 2/3 parters (Nemesis is a 3-parter isn't it?), you sometimes feel perhaps a bit cheated you're paying top whack for something which sometimes doesn't touch an hour.

I know I watched the War Machines this week, and wasn't terribly impressed. I got all ready to watch the extras ... and was even less impressed. I know a lot is probably because so few of the cast are still around. I mean the best docu on it was a tour of the Post Office Tower by Tony Benn - and he never mentions Doctor Who once - although it nicely puts the Post Office Tower into context.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowNZ View Post
    I mean the best docu on it was a tour of the Post Office Tower by Tony Benn - and he never mentions Doctor Who once - although it nicely puts the Post Office Tower into context.
    That'll be because it was originally included on a documentary programme for TV, One Foot In the Past, in 1998. It wasn't recorded specially for the DVD.
    Last edited by Logo Polish; 29th Apr 2010 at 7:23 AM.

I do wonder if these box-sets are such a good idea. I think it encourages a lot of fans to wait until the price collapses. There must be some fans who would pay full price for Revenge, but not Silver Nemesis.

The DVD box-sets are becoming a run-of-the-mill release. If you look at the example of the new series books, they release three at a time so that the shops can make a display and an event out of them.

They may both have Cybermen in them, but they're a completely doo-lally pairing.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!