Thread: DWM survey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DWM survey

again, this year, DWM has asked what story we would most like to see on DVD soon. However, unlike in 2004, there's been no indication that the winning story will see release.

Anyway, I was just wondering what we think may top the list?

my money's on Seeds of Doom.

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I'm confident that "Time and the Rani" will romp home.

"Trial of a Timelord" often comes curiously near the top of the list (fans going for a "more is more" bet perhaps).

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'd love to see The War Machines on DVD.

I'd love to see how the storyline ends.

Si.

I'm going to vote for K9 and Company.

Sssh then.

Si.

I'd rather the E-Space Trilogy or the Black Guardian Trilogy over Trial of A Timelord. Or all three!

I'm terrible at these polls because I'm not fussy about what they release. If they announced Underworld I'd be deliriously happy!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I think The Deadly Assassin is more than worthy of being released
    'Steed is one of my most valuable subjects he's too valuable to lose'

I am not thinking about what I would like to see top it, or what I would like to see released!

I am more thinking of trying to predict what fandom as a whole will have as their "most wanted DVD release"!

Hence my prediction of Seeds of Doom, rather than something like Battlefield.

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    "Trial of a Timelord" often comes curiously near the top of the list (fans going for a "more is more" bet perhaps).

Si.

never really under stood that one either - I just wonder if it would be so high up on the wish list if the BBC said each story in the season was going to be released individualy rather than as a box set.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I just wonder if it would be so high up on the wish list if the BBC said each story in the season was going to be released individualy rather than as a box set.
    It won't be though, that's for sure. There's not a snowball's chance in hell of them releasing "Trial Of A Time Lord Pts.1-4", it would look so silly on the shelf.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post

Si.
    While the story is a load of toss, I'd be interested in a Trial package for the extras - there's a whole wealth of stuff ready to be made about the cancellation/hiatus mallarkey, the unmade Season 23 and so on....

Plus it would be wonderful were we to get a Brian Blessed commentary for Parts 5-8
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Culley View Post
    Plus it would be wonderful were we to get a Brian Blessed commentary for Parts 5-8
    It'd play havoc with your volume control, though...

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    It won't be though, that's for sure. There's not a snowball's chance in hell of them releasing "Trial Of A Time Lord Pts.1-4", it would look so silly on the shelf.
    The Mysterious Planet would look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    The Mysterious Planet would look better.
    They can't call it that though (unfortunately), it isn't what comes up on the titles.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Pip Madeley Guest

Good point.

I hope when it comes (it comes from nowhere and when it comes it alters our lives) the Trial DVD is in a big chunky DVD case like "Lost in Time" was with just one cover and one spine and the E-Space and Black Guardian trilogies are in in three box slip cases like the Master and Beginnings boxes.

Put that in your leader Mr Tobias.

You'd hope it would be, since that's how the stories were broadcast. E-Space and Black Guardian - 3 stories, "Trial" - 1 story in 14 parts. It's there in the credits, but it's amazing how many stupid people can't "get" it.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    I hope when it comes (it comes from nowhere and when it comes it alters our lives) the Trial DVD is in a big chunky DVD case like "Lost in Time" was with just one cover and one spine and the E-Space and Black Guardian trilogies are in in three box slip cases like the Master and Beginnings boxes.

oh I hope not I just think each story coming in it's own individual slip cases looks so much neater on your shelf..

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    oh I hope not I just think each story coming in it's own individual slip cases looks so much neater on your shelf..
    But that's the point, it's *one* story, an "individual slip case" for ToaTL will be a big chunky style thingy. It's highly unlikely 2|entertain will waste money on 3-4 slip cases to hold "Trial Of A Timelord Pts.1-4", "Trial Of A Timelord Pts.5-8", "Trial Of A Timelord Pts.9-12" & "Trial Of A Timelord Pts.13-14". What's the point? It would be like releasing The Invasion in two slipcases with "The Invasion Pts.1-4" & "The Invasion Pts.5-8" seperated on each.

What Steve said. Like I said, one on-screen title, one story. It's not rocket science.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    But that's the point, it's *one* story, an "individual slip case" for ToaTL will be a big chunky style thingy. It's highly unlikely 2|entertain will waste money on 3-4 slip cases to hold "Trial Of A Timelord Pts.1-4", "Trial Of A Timelord Pts.5-8", "Trial Of A Timelord Pts.9-12" & "Trial Of A Timelord Pts.13-14". What's the point? It would be like releasing The Invasion in two slipcases with "The Invasion Pts.1-4" & "The Invasion Pts.5-8" seperated on each.

I think you've convinced me your idea is best..

Not saying that they would, but they could make it a three disc set if they wanted to, with 1-4 and extras on disc 1, 5-8 and more extras on disc 2, and 9-14 with only commentaries on disc 3. They could then package it in a regular case with a two sided slip (like Red Dwarf 7 and 8 did). I know they won't, but I'm just saying if they wanted to treat it as one story rather than four they could do that.

BTW, I agree that Seeds will top the list.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm hoping The Key To Time will be in a six-disc case - it probably won't, but that's how it is on my shelf, and it's very sexy and space-saving.