Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

We have weather here today. That is all.

been another mild day today - are we going to have a winter..

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    are we going to have a winter..
    Nope, we'll have Spring, Summer & six months of Autumn.

shame really you just cant beat those crisp frosty mornings..

Surprise! Surprise! We have been sent home from work due to the snow that's sweeping the country. Apparently the union have been on to management about the forecasts and reminding them of their duty of care towards the workforce, they have been told to think of people's safety in adverse weather conditions.
    So, after running out our production lines, and leaving the factory in as reasonable condition as we could, here we are, at home enjoying a nice hot cuppa.
    Coming home was treacherous, the hill was obviously not going to be clear, so I had to take my time, and it took me about 20 minutes as opposed to my usual 7 minutes, best to get home safely.
    Thing is, geared up for a full eight hour shift, I'm still not tired enough to want to go to bed yet.

This is the view from HaRpi towers this beautiful crisp morning!

I tried to get to work but it turned into quite a hair raising adventure. I got about 4 minutes down the road, when I slowed for a speed bump and couldn't get going again. My wheels were just spinning! Cars were still going past me, but I wasn't moving anywhere. In the end I sort of slid the car 360 degrees and rolled back down the hill. I managed to get myself back home, but almost crashed into parked cars several times as the car went out of control on the slippery roads. This was about two hundred metres into my thirty mile journey accross Hertfordshire...

No way am I driving to work today!!

Si.

It's a similar view from our windows here this morning. We've got a good few cms down so far and it;s still coming down now. Steve had luckily arranged to work from home this morning, and give it half an hour and I'll be out there walking to work. Fool that I am!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Working from home today so no need to negocaite trains etc.

It causes so much aggro for travellers but does look so pretty when you don't have to go anywhere. The cat is slightly less interested than I thought she would be.
    Kathychick

Bizarrely, despite having about 3 times as much snow as before, the trains were running pretty well many of them just 10 or 15 mins late. They were almost deserted as well. I guess loads of people decided to stay at home.
    I wouldn't want to drive today though.

According to the news this morning Northamptonshire is the worst hit & looking out of my window I can see why. There's about 3" down & it's still falling. But there's rain forecast for tomorrow so that'll be winter over with.

Not a drop of snow here! Yesterday's nice blue skies have disappeared behind some light cloud, it's cold but no sign of snow at the moment. Let's hope it stays that way!

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    It's a similar view from our windows here this morning. We've got a good few cms down so far and it;s still coming down now. Steve had luckily arranged to work from home this morning, and give it half an hour and I'll be out there walking to work. Fool that I am!

Si xx

pretty much the same here in Wokingham no more than an inch or two of snow but i think it's now starting to melt as it's brightened up a lot and i'll not be at all supprised to see most of it gone be late arternoon..

Wayne Guest

Luckily, we got away with a only light dusting. Most of which has already disappeared, fortunately.

The snow is vanishing fast here at Bracknell.

South West Trains, the contrary milk-fops that they are, have hardly any delayed trains today! And I stayed at home! Gits!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    The snow is vanishing fast here at Bracknell.

South West Trains, the contrary milk-fops that they are, have hardly any delayed trains today! And I stayed at home! Gits!

Our main roads are clear now, I managed to get Viv down the hospital for her appointment.
    It's trying hard to rain here now, the sky looks full for something, it'll wash what's left of the slushy stuff away, but, a freeze is forecast for tonight, the roads will be treacherous again going to work.

we've had a bit of light rain this afternoon and the snow on the roads and pavements has now pretty much gone shame really as it would of been nice to of had a few days of snow on the cround and it constantly snowing.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Not much around here at all- it tried for about an hour or two either side of lunch but petered out in Leeds, while back here in the Dales there's a little bit laying and some on the tops but that's about it.

Pip Madeley Guest

Around 4pm, we had pathetic snow that looked more like dandruff.

Loads of snow in NE London - to be honest, in the 13 years I've lived here, I'm sure it's the deepest settled snow I've seen here!

I did enjoy walking to the tube station (15 mins) this morning, not just for a decent stretch on largely unspoilt snow, but while it was snowing too. And it carried on snowing right up to about midday. Home tonight to find that the pavements still had very slushy snow, so that could make for a treacherous walk in the morning with sub-zero temperatures tonight - not good! Still plenty of snow still in the back lawn tonight!

[QUOTE=Jonno Simmons;19204]....the pavements still had very slushy snow, so that could make for a treacherous walk in the morning with sub-zero temperatures tonight - not good! QUOTE]

That's exactly how it was here with us yesterday evening, walking the dog it was treacherous underfoot.
    Today has seen an exceptional snowfall, something I didn't expect was more snow, and it has snowed consistently all day. The roads are very bad, and people have been advised NOT to travel.
    Today I had all planned, it's Viv's birthday, we were going to go shopping and then pop into the Harvesters for a meal, I've not got her a birthday present yet, I was getting it all today, but she has said that seeing the snow on her birthday has made her happy, so we'll have to try and go out tomorrow. She said we had nothing in, but I had bought some diced beef the other day and have made a casserole, so we won't exactly starve.

no more snow today in Berkshire just very cod and wet,.

Captain Tancredi Guest

It seems to have started seriously this afternoon- funnily it was just raining in Leeds, but about halfway home it started to fall as snow and up here we've had more today than we did yesterday, with 5-20cm forecast overnight...

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    no more snow today in Berkshire just very cod and wet,.
    Your typing cod be butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    Your typing cod be butter.