Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

A good 3 inches on top of the car this morning. The side roads were fun, but the main roads are cleared already.

I'm sat with my form group - only 8 out of 26 are here at the moment.....
    Bazinga !

The roads weren't too bad in Bracknell this morning, but I'm glad I didn't drive in- Steve gave me a lift to work, so I'm insanely early, but I am here! Now I've just got to wait for the library to actually become warm. I'm sat here in coat and scarf at the moment, but with a nice hot cot of tea, so it's not all bad.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

well my cousin who lives in Canada, phoned last night and said it was -50 over there .

See, it could always be worse!

Si xx

There's no snow in London! Nothing!

Si.

We've had nothing at all here! Plenty of frost though, I was locked out of my own car this morning!

Pip Madeley Guest

It snowed from about four last night here in Mancland - intermittent but enough to make my walk into work this morning rather slow.

I thought it was beautiful out this morning - everywhere was white and still.

Glad I wasn't driving!

Si.

When I came home from the work Christmas do last night my walk home from the station coincided with the beginning of some heavy snow. By the time I arrived at home I looked like a snowman, with a nearly solid white coating all over my front, ice in my hair, and my glasses completely covered in snow!

This morning it was beautiful, and so, as it was my day off work, naturally Emma and I just had to go in the garden and have a snowball fight.

You wear glasses?

Si.

well we've had no snow all day today not sure if mores on the way tonight.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Only an inch or so since Thursday night, although we did our last Lions Christmas collection of the year on Thursday and had to stop because it was getting icy and one of us (not me!) slipped and landed on his bum on the pavement. Also enough to convince me to get the early bus home from our works Christmas meal last night rather than waiting another hour.

I say "only" an inch because once you start getting any further up the Dales from here, heavy snow is defined as anything you can lose sheep in.

We're in the middle of a heavy snowfall right now. I think I might leave the car at work tonight and walk home... It wasn't snowing when I left home.

Si xx

Pip Madeley Guest

Hope you manage alright Si - it looks like Manchester has seen the last of the snow for now, but it's very slushy in the city centre, not easy to walk through!

I looked outside when I got back home yesterday and the back yard was covered in snow, completely untouched, looked really picturesque

It's snowing it's a**e off in Basignstoke too. There's already a huge queue leaving the office, it's not going to get any better soon.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    We're in the middle of a heavy snowfall right now. I think I might leave the car at work tonight and walk home... It wasn't snowing when I left home.

Si xx

same in wokingham..

It's carryong on here- a good couple of inches already down with no sign of it stopping. I'm leaving the car and walking back tonight. There have been a few probs with people getting up the hill out of the road the library is on already. I don't want to be another one.

Si xx

We had quite a heavy snowfall here last night. It really was a lovely scene to get up to this morning.
    We were hoping to get out early to go out shopping but there was no sign of it thawing so we had to go.
    The sun hasn't shone through much all day, so it really hasn't thawed at all, and what has been churned up by traffic on the side of the road has left a slushy mess. I still have tonight and tomorrow to work so I hope it doesn't freeze too much over the next few hours or driving to work tonight will be hazardous.

We closed early in the end this afternoon. The roads are a bit chaotic- as always when there's a bit of snow down here, and so I'm ever so glad I didn't drive back.

Si xx

The cars outside the window are not moving. Nothing is moving. There is no point in me leaving the office yet. People have taken an hour to drive 20m.

Bah!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Yeah, you're prbably best off where you are for now. It's no better up this end of things either. The queues are horrendous already and it seems to have taken everyone by surprise. It was raining at lunchtime when I drove in.

I got a lift home with Lisa instead of driving.

Si xx

I left work at 5pm sharp and I'm on my train home, which had snow all over it when I boarded. I didn't get in til 9.30am this morning but I'm still recovering from my illness so they're lucky I came in at all is how I see it!

Got my laptop with me in case I get snowed in tomorrow but glad cars don't factor in my journey today and also glad I convinced Simon to leave his at home earlier!

Si. :mobile

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    . The queues are horrendous already and it seems to have taken everyone by surprise. .

Si xx

buses in Reading, have all been suspended my mum went out shopping at Sainsbury's this afternoon and she said she was lucky to get home it took her the best part of an hour to do the 2 mile journey and the car was slipping and sliding all the way home.

My sister's work colleague (Gordon) dropped her off at home at 5:30pm; having left the office at 4pm. Their office is only a few miles away.

Then he had problems getting the car back up the hill. It took him an hour with help from myself and a neighbour to get him going again.

I'm expecting them to close the office tomorrow - Yay! However I do have a laptop and am expected to work from home in these conditions - Boo
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

It's mad how snow can cripple such a technologically advanced species!