Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

I have another driving test in just over a week. This weather *has* to clear by then!

well it looks like it's going to be a sort of white christmas as there is still snow on the ground..

Not down our way.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Apparently there's going to be around 40cm of snow around Hampshire tonight.

I'll take some work home with me for tomorrow!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Yep me too. Its unlikely that we'll have child care tomorrow if the snow is as deep as they say. Or thursday either. So one or other of us will have to stay home.

People were panic buying when I went in to Sainsbury's today, it was packed and folks were even ruder than usual. Which I didn't think possible. Still, I needed to do a big shop, and I've enough food to last me till after the weekend now if it does get as bad as is suggested. Not that I've much to worry about living about a fast food takeaway, but still, it'll be healthier(ish) this way.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I gave up after half a mile of (nearly) stationary traffic and worked from home today. Then I couldn't find anyone in the office to tell that I wouldn't be in. Even the Territorial Army Guy failed (though he insisted his land rover could cope and it was all the fault of people in front of him). AngryDave's BMW lasted 40 yards before it needed rescuing.

I feel sorry for my sidekick - he's spent a week in Sweden and is flying back to London tonight. Then he's got to drive up here tomorrow. Pity the sidekick.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Nothing here in London as yet, though I'll be taking my laptop home tonight just in case. I could really use a day at home, though sadly I bet the trains manage to run.

Si.

Ah, but is it safe for you to get to the train station ;-) .
    I've used the line "it's not safe for me to get into work"/"I can't get my car out of the estate" to escape trying to get into work. And - to be fair - I do live on a hill and people usually struggle to get up it in reasonably bad weather.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Captain Tancredi Guest

It was snowing when I woke up at 6 this morning and didn't stop until around 3 this afternoon- I stayed until my normal finishing time of 4 because I didn't fancy the offer of being able to go after 3 but be expected to make up the time elsewhere. Unfortunately our department is made up of several different teams doing mutually exclusive things, so whereas some people can decide to work from home, there are other people who need to be drawing loans down until the close of normal business, so it's difficult for the management to say "OK, we're closing at 3 today".

I have a test drive booked for tomorrow - it had better be clear until then!

You don't want the drive home I've just had!

It was perfectly safe - (ish) - but around 6pm it start snowing on the outskirts of Guildford and didn't let up the rest of the way home! Some places/times it was quite heavy and large snow drops were falling on my windscreen. Thankfully most of the roads had been gritted - but there were a few places where it looked dodgy.
    Always have an Edge

We weren't expecting any snow today... so obviously we got quite a lot! Some overnight, so that there was probably 1-2 inches on the ground when I woke up, and it's really been on & off since then. So Claudia's school didn't reopen after the Christmas hols, and my boss picked me up in his 4 x 4, rather than me risk the roads. The town, actually, is pretty clear through weight of traffic plus a bit of gritting - but the windy roads out to us, and to all the outlying villages I guess, are pretty white & pretty slippy. But for all that, it looks lovely.

Come on you snow - about 3" here, and no signs of stopping

(only been back at work 2 days and already I feel I need another holiday )
    Bazinga !

started snowing here in Wokingham around 7pm and it's still snowing now I reckon as much has come down tonight as did in that afternoon a couple of weeks ago.

It's snowing quite heavily now in NE London and they reckon London will have its heaviest snowfall for almost 30 years over the next few days! Considering how it ground to a halt last February with a smaller amount, it'll be fascinating to see what it's like in the morning, although Boris of course has told us everything will be fine this time...

We have lots of snow this morning. Not quite sure exactly how much, but it's more than i've seen in Bracknell for many, many years.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Brrr - this made me just cold looking through ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8442877.stm
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I'm working from home today.
    Which is good that I don't have to travel today , but I really don't want to work
    Always have an Edge

Well, I'm not going to work after all. I got a bit of the way, remembered I need a spare pair of shoes, decided to phone the boss, who was glad I did, as she'd decided to close all the libraries today as even she couldn't get in.

I'd have wlaked all the way to Great Hollands otherwise.

We've just had a big branch come down from the pine tree in the garden. Scared the crap out of me. Hope none of the others come down. They could do some damage.

Si xx

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    We have lots of snow this morning. Not quite sure exactly how much, but it's more than i've seen in Bracknell for many, many years.

Si xx

it's certainly a lot more than we had a few weeks ago looking out the window you cant you can't see where the road ends and the pavement starts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    We've just had a big branch come down from the pine tree in the garden. Scared the crap out of me. Hope none of the others come down. They could do some damage.

Si xx

first time I came to your house It was some thing that did strike me was how worryingly close the trees around you are to the houses on the estate you live on. I was suprised that both my cats went out this morning but weren't out very long one of them is now curled up on an armchaire next to the radiatore

it's started snowing again not to heavy though.

School's closed, the boys' school is closed and the wife can't get to work. There was a good 4" on the ground this morning, and its been snowing constantly since I got up at 7am.

I've just spent the last 45mins clearing paths and most of the drive - its covering over again already, but I'll have another go tonight before it all freezes.
    Bazinga !

We've just been out with a team of people from our road to clear the street. It was nice to meet a few of our neighbours for the first time.

Si xx