Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Weather Thread - Storms! Floods! Snow! Sun!?

Hope everybody is ok and that you haven't had any damage or flooding due to the stormy weather

A few roads were partially flooded where I live but nothing major has happened so far (touch wood)
    'Steed is one of my most valuable subjects he's too valuable to lose'

last night, part of our garden fence wasn't merely blown over, but DESTROYED by the winds! It's currently sitting in our back garden!

I hear that more mini-tornados are expected!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

It was quite windy when I drove to work this morning, though we're quite high up so should be okay with regards flooding.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Williams View Post
    last night, part of our garden fence wasn't merely blown over, but DESTROYED by the winds! It's currently sitting in our back garden!

Ant x

Oh dear

Can your fence be salvaged or has it been damaged beyond repair

More mini tornados, oh crumbs

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    It was quite windy when I drove to work this morning, though we're quite high up so should be okay with regards flooding.

Si.

It's quite hilly where I live so flooding shouldn't be a problem either, I just hope we don't lose any roof tiles or anything like that

Quote Originally Posted by Thasc View Post
    Can your fence be salvaged or has it been damaged beyond repair
    some of it can be salvaged, but a large section is going to have to be completely replaced

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

some of it can be salvaged, but a large section is going to have to be completely replaced

Ant x
    Oh bother

Hope it won't be too expensive

Ant x

part of our garden fence was also blown dow - thankfully now the rain has stopped and it's fairly bight though still very windy.

personaly I don't mind the rain I just hate the wind i'm not very steady on my legs because of that I hate to go out in windy weather in case I get blown over..

I live right next to the Thames so flooding is always a concern for us. However, I can report that we have had no damage as yet and my journey to work was trouble free.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

We had a power cut last night for about 3 hours. It was quite good fun for a bit but its scary how much we depend on electricity.

As the factory I work at is on high ground it is open to all winds and weather. Last night on the back of the trailers it was quite rough, the loading bay is the most exposed to winds, and the trailers were rocking back and forth as I was loading them.
    Coming home this morning through the lane I was aware of trees and bushes that had been blown down in the wind, as Newbridge is at the bottom of a valley it is fairly sheltered against the roughest of the weather, even so I imagine there would have been some structural damage to some properties in the area.

I've just been out with the dog, the park is scattered with debris that has been blown about, the council will have to work hard clearing it once the weather calms enough to do it.
    I'm not certain what our forecast is for later today, right now it's fairly calm, but if we're in for more of the same I fear there will be quite substantial damage.

I drove down the M74 and M6 today...not the best day for driving...I passed 3 lorries that had been overturned just after the start of the M6

Oh and back in Glasgow I saw some old dear fall on her ar..eh I mean buttocks...she was OK fortunately

It's been so windy the last few nights that I've been woken up by the rain battering off the windows and it takes a lot of noise to wake me up.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    I live right next to the Thames so flooding is always a concern for us. However, I can report that we have had no damage as yet .
    your lucky I live not far from Reading and the Kennet cannal which runs through the town is very high and I believe may have burst it banks in some areas. Also the river Loddon which i pass on the way home has also burst it's banks flooding the surrounding fields..

The car park and field over which my house looks has been flooded again over the past few days. It was flooded just before Christmas too - normally months or years pass between floods, but to get two in the space of a month is most unusual.

Most of the water has gone today, which I must admit I always find a shame, as I quite like living by a lake, if only for a few days!

Default The Weather Thread (formerly Snow Time)

There was a little bit of snow last night, but it melted by the morning, but now their is a blizzard and eventually some snow Huzzah!

Has anyone else been missing snow this winter? Whats your Favorite Snow related activity? Do you hate snow, do you love it?

Lets talk about SNOW people!

Trudi G Guest

All we've had is rain...

I love snow.

My favourite snow-based activity?

It has to be making sure that I stand in every single bit of fresh undisturbed snow. It's like an obsession I just have to do it

It doesn't look like it's going to snow down here in Merrie London. It hasn't even got paticularly cold! We've had lots of rain, but right now the sun is out and shining away quite happily.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    It doesn't look like it's going to snow down here in Merrie London. It hasn't even got paticularly cold! We've had lots of rain, but right now the sun is out and shining away quite happily.

Same here, South Wales. High winds are forecast for later today, turning cold over the weekend, so, you never know, some snow might fall.

we haven't really had a winter yet down here in Berkshire apart from a lot of rain the last couple couple of months have been very mild so much so we have not even woken up to a frost. In fact we have had several days in the last week or so that were almost spring like and because it has been so mild the daffodils in our garden started to sprout in mid december.

It's been a very odd winter over here - usually we'll have snow from about November onwards (and a very White Christmas), however up till about a week ago there's been very little snow, and temperatures frequently above zero.

Unfortunately now it looks like things are back to normal, and the snow is back in force Still, it means that all the ski slopes and the like are going to finally make some money - according to the news reports they've had to lay people off as there's not been the snow for them, and no-one's been using them!
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

No snow yet in my part of Massachusetts. But it's very cold outside now (minus 5 Celsius) Feels colder than that because we've had almost spring like temperatures until now.
    I came, I saw, I posted.

Captain Tancredi Guest

My favourite snow-based activity is falling flat on my backside every few hundred yards.

Wayne Guest

There's only one place for snow, & that's on xmas cards.

No snow here, nor any sign of it, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    There's only one place for snow, & that's on xmas cards.
    How about on The Seeds Of Doom - I'd miss it if it wasn't there!