Default Ex-Stereophonics Drummer found dead

Former Stereophonics drummer Stuart Cable has been found dead at his home in South Wales.

Emergency services were called to Cable's home in Aberdare, Cynon Valley where the body was found at 5.30 this morning. The musician's mother Mabel confirmed the news in an interview with Walesonline.co.uk:

"Stuart has travelled all over the world with the band and I have worried myself silly. He is now settled down and then this has happens. It has not sunk in yet."

In a separate statement, Cable's brother Paul said: "The family has no further comment to make at this stage. It is in the hands of the police."

Cable, aged 40, was kicked out of the Stereophonics in 2003 after being accused by the band of neglecting rehearsals in favour of his media career and his TV show ‘Cable TV'.

Following the split he went on to present another programme called ‘Cable Connects' and a show on BBC Radio Wales called ‘Cable Rock'.

Cable had also drummed for Stone Gods, a band made up of former members of The Darkness.

Police have not yet established the cause of death but do not suspect suspicious circumstances.
    Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

That's shocking. As a Stereophonics fan I know he was a "good time guy" who eventually got booted out the band for not being able to take it all seriously, but I don't suppose anyone expected this. It's going to hit the group hard.

Si.