Default Series 5 Story Arc Theories/Random Fan Speculation *SPOILERS!!!*

This is a thread to discuss your theories about Series 5 story arc/26-06-2010/the cracks/silence/big secrets that the Moff is hiding from us. I am starting a new thread because what follows is too spoilerish for any of the other threads.

WHAT IF the 26/06/2010 date is not centered around Amy... what if it's Rory? The date on his ID is screwed up (30/11/1990 is the issue date of his Nurse ID), he has been swallowed by a crack and yet he is going to be in the finale (filming photos show him in a Roman Soldier uniform, he seems to have been relocated in time) AND the engagement ring box still exists (rewatch Cold Blood ending if you're not sure what I mean). Is it The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith all over again??? Plus Amy and Eleventh Doctor are confirmed for the next series, so nothing permanently disastrous can happen to Amy (except Bad Wolf take 2). And River Song killed a good man, which we can easily presume will happen in the finale because River Song says in Flesh and Bone that all she can reveal about it is that the Doctor will see her again when the Pandorica Opens, and things like that are usually resolved in the finale anyway. Since the Eleventh Doctor is returning for series 6, he can't be the one to be killed (he doesn't have anymore spare hands), and it's obvious that Moffat is leading us up the garden path, making us think it's the Doctor. So, what if River has to kill Rory, to save the universe or something. What if he's some kind of unwilling pawn (and doesn't know it)? A la Torchwood episode 'Sleeper'. Rory IS a good man, he would fit the mould of innocent pawn victim that regrettably and tragically must be killed, and I know Amy could never do the deed, nor could the Doctor. Also, Rory has not been confirmed to appear in series 6. Lastly, episode three gave us an unwilling, unknowing pawn, Bracewell, perhaps this is foreshadowing?

What do you think? Am I good, or am I good? (Or am I just a crazy plot-obsessed fan?)

Please feel free to discuss, to add your own thoughts, and your own theories, no matter how bizarre they might be!
    Last edited by matthewsch; 8th Jun 2010 at 3:04 AM.

I think the boy's on to something.

But if the cracks are really centred around Rory, then why did they appear on the Starship UK, Churchill's bunker and the Byzantium? Rory never went anywhere near there.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

That's a fair point actually - or it could be the wedding ring that's the cause? :P Lol I had this great theory last year about how the Master was going to return, involving a ring... except RTD ruined it and decided his theory was better than mine (which it wasn't!). I often come up with absurd theories that fall to pieces once examined - but that's half the fun!

I do definitely think that Rory still has some big part to play in this, though.

Have you noticed that we have rather a lot of doctors in this series? Episode 1 is set in a hospital, with Doctor Ramsden, and Rory the nurse. Doctor Bracewell. Doctor River Song (I don't think she was named as a doctor JUST so they could pull a "Spoilers!" out when he called her a professor). The Dream Lord, who was formed from the Doctor's consciousness, dominated an entire episode. Then there's the painting of the doctor who treated Vincent in his final years, and that doctor is confirmed to appear in the finale, and was noticeably absent during episode 10 - if he was treating Vincent, where was he? Did a crack swallow him?

I think the Pandorica contains the supercomputer CARO who can see into the past and future and uses the cracks to correct timelines as he sees fit. He predicts that the TARDIS will be destroyed, but in fact it turns out to be the sister ship of the TARDIS, controlled by the Dream Lord who materialises in the same spot where the stars form a big question mark, and who gets thrown backwards down the Doctor's timeline to become the Meddling Monk.

Or maybe I've been watching the wrong programme .....
    Bazinga !

Pip Madeley Guest

I've read elsewhere (and believe) that the Pandorica is Amy's memory.

We never studied the Pandorica in Biology.

I took general science at A-Level.

Si.

I have nine opposable digits.

Maybe the TARDIS does get destroyed, but then the Doctor re-grows it from the fragment he already recovered?

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Is it me, or did River Song mention Drahvins in the trailer for episode 12?

...Oh, who am I kidding?

She did.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I think I'm going to enjoy the next episode...

EDIT: New theory! What if a future incarnation of the Doctor is the 'orrible thing inside the Pandorica?

ANOTHER EDIT:

Right, here are the possiblilties (IMO):

Future Doctor: 4/1
    Rory: 7/1
    The Master: 12/1
    The Trickster: 16/1
    The Matrix: 25/1
    Maaga (possibly accompanied by a Terileptil or two): 38/1
    The Dalek Emperor: 60/1

Anyone care for a flutter?
    Last edited by shada pavlova; 13th Jun 2010 at 5:51 PM.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post
    EDIT: New theory! What if a future incarnation of the Doctor is the 'orrible thing inside the Pandorica?
    Actually, all the alien races turning up to try to get hold of a sealed box suddenly made me think of "Alien Bodies" - and certainly the most dangerous man in the universe who has caused bloodshed across a thousand worlds would fit with the Doctor.
    Bazinga !

Exactly! You see? I kind of thought of that book too...although the whole War in Heaven Arc kind of confused me to a large degree.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post
    What if a future incarnation of the Doctor is the 'orrible thing inside the Pandorica?
    It is a Doctor inside the Pandorica (concept art revealed), but is he a future/alternative reality/clone/fake/Dalek-operative/human/half-human/Vulcan/horse/Jeff Banks/Drahvin/slightly-boring-Rose-husband Doctor?

And what's his link with the Doctor who has spent the whole season crossing his own time-stream (the shadow in TEH, the 'jacket' Doctor in FAS, the 'blurry-in-the-background' Doctor in the second Silurian episode, etc?)

Lots of Doctors. What a festival.

Spoilers in the RTD era had either a neutral or negative effect - not to mention the fact that they actually did reveal things about the episode in question. But weirdly, I've seen loads of stuff about this season's finale and I still can't work it out; and it's making me even more excited about it. Factoid.

It's all a dream.

Prisoner Zero as Amelia Pond, in The Eleventh Hour: "Poor Amy Pond, still such a child inside. Dreaming of the magic Doctor she knows will return to save her. What a disappointment you've been."

Does this thread actually contain any spoilers or is it all just speculation again? I have no problem reading people's speculation, even if it turns out to be righ. In fact it's quite interesting.