Default The Profanity filter - an announcement

As stated the other day, there was to be an announcement on the profanity filter.

We are aware that the profanity filter is unpopular. However, we also have several obligations (which we've been through before), as we are an open forum

Anyway, we've attempted to reach a compromise. As stated in our revised Code of Conduct, we have removed all but two words (the "c word" and the "f word") and their derivatives from the filter.

Again, we reiterate our request that our members do not attempt to get around the filtered words. Further, we would also like to make a request that our members avoid using profanities, but rather than enforcing a filter for the majority of words, we request that our users use self-moderation.

many thanks
    Ant Williams
    on behalf of the PS staff.

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I'd like to add that, as ever, I support Ant 100% on this. I trust that the members of this forum have the sense to refrain from excessive swearing and to moderate themselves.

Although we're mostly adults here, I'd like to think that we can keep swearing to a minimum on the forum. I don't recall it being a major problem before we moved, so it should be OK now.

Save it for the pub meet-ups!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Oh yeah, like I'd ever shout the C word out in a pub meet...