Default Fry and Laurie reunited

From The Sun:

COMEDY stars Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie are to be reunited on TV for the first time in 15 years.
    The pair had their own sketch show and starred in TV drama Jeeves and Wooster.

Now they will appear on GOLD to mark the 30 years since they first teamed up.

Stephen, who fronts hit quiz QI, and Hugh - star of US drama House - will look back at their sketches and welcome pals, including Jo Brand and Jack Dee.

Stephen said: "It was a great joy reminiscing. I hope GOLD viewers enjoy watching us grow older and older."

Fry & Laurie Reunited is due to air in the autumn.

Hope there are some new sketches.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I think the one thing a lot of fans want to see is Stephen Fry, making a guest appearence in House.

I'll really look forward to seeing this.
    Foolish humans

Me too Andy.

We watched a couple of episodes of A Bit of Fry and Laurie and laughed all the way through them. They really stand up well and aren't a load of Sloblock.

Si xx

Whilst I like the idea of a celebratory show, I was hoping that this news was about them putting together an actual new series or a special contemporary episode of sketches, which I think both are still perfectly capable of doing, rather than "yet another reminiscence show".
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.

Sloblock
    Excellent sketch.

Quote Originally Posted by cullsoft View Post
    Whilst I like the idea of a celebratory show, I was hoping that this news was about them putting together an actual new series or a special contemporary episode of sketches, which I think both are still perfectly capable of doing, rather than "yet another reminiscence show".

problem is neither have the time Hugh Laurie, lives in America, and spends most of the year filming House.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    problem is neither have the time Hugh Laurie, lives in America, and spends most of the year filming House.
    Dang, good point.

When I said "... which I think both are still perfectly capable of doing...", I was referring to them both having the skill and knowledge to be able to put a new episode or series together, rather than both having the time to do so - hadn't thought about it from that angle.
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.

We caught up with this this afternoon and it was fine- much the same as the other Gold looks backs at Blackadder and Fawlty Towers- lots of interviews from people who are involved or are fans, nothing too controversial, some well picked clips and bam! An hour and a half is filled.

Good thing the two of them are so interesting. I could had listened to far more anecdotes (and far less recapping/ looking forward at what we've seen/ what's to come) from them both.

Oh and now I want to watch all of a Bit of Fry & Laurie again. Where's m'colleague? I'll have to ask if that's OK!

Si xx

And they could be on the way back again...

Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie are to reunite for a secret new project.

The pair, who came to fame in the BBC sketch show A Bit of Fry & Laurie, are working together ‘soon’ – but details of what they are planning are almost non-existeny.

QI host Fry tweeted today: ‘M'coll Hugh Laurie and I are cooking up a project together.

‘We will be working again soon. Sorry to be mysterious but more news when I can.’

As well as their sketch so, the duo starred in a TV adaptation of PG Wodehouse’ Jeeves and Wooster stories between 1990 and 1993. They last reunited in 2010 for a GOLD retrospective, celebrating 30 years of their TV partnership.

Laurie, who is also pursuing a music career, recently shot the final season of his lucrative medical drama House.

Read more: http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2012/0...#ixzz1urgg9bX1

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Laurie, who is also pursuing a music career, recently shot the final season of his lucrative medical drama House.
    I didn't know it was coming to an end, but then I guess there are only so many medical cases that can appear to be one thing while all the time being something completely different.

I like the sound of a new collaboration though. I always liked A Bit of Fry & Laurie.

Which bit...?