Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

No-one EVER mentions it, but in the TV Maaaaauvie, the Doctor states that, like the Master, he can transform into a different species when he dies.

Actually, a throwaway line in "The Deadly Assassin" isn't actually as much of a problem as the fact that it's stated in countless stories that the Master has a finite amount of lives and has used them all. So if he has a limit, why doesn't the Doctor?

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Actually, a throwaway line in "The Deadly Assassin" isn't actually as much of a problem as the fact that it's stated in countless stories that the Master has a finite amount of lives and has used them all. So if he has a limit, why doesn't the Doctor?
    I'm still sticking with the Time Lord-imposed limit. No Time Lords, no limit on number of regenerations.

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

It's all to do with the Time War isn't it?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    As for slipping it quietly into SJS, that's probably for the best.
    Agreed, who'd want to shout about that...er, you're not on about....I'll get my coat.

I might have read that wrong.

I think it's a bit of a lost opportunity, myself. Of course they wouldn't just cancel the series just because the 13th actor was ready to leave, but imagine the drama which they could have had at some time in the future with the Doctor in his final regeneration (as far as he's concerned, at least) knowing that he just can't rush into adventures any more because he's finally reached that stage where he knows that if the worst happens he won't regenerate this time, this time he'd really die...a whole series with the Doctor facing his own mortallity, with every following regeneration being a bonus, a second chance at life which each time he'd never know whether it would be his last one or not...I wonder how the Doctor would have reacted in those circumstances? Would he be just as keen to save his companions/the universe/whatever if he thought that he'd really be dead and wouldn't be around to see the results of his actions?
    Last edited by MacNimon; 28th Oct 2010 at 7:29 AM.

It's a very good point.

Si.

Do we think RTD checked with The Moff that all these titbits of DW Lore could be fitted in, or do we think he went ahead and put them in anyway ?

Surely someone should be reminding him that he doesn't write DW any more ?

( having finally finished The Writer's Tale - thank goodness Moff wanted to use Daleks in Series 5)
    Bazinga !

Having seen the episode, it's all a bit of a joke isn't it? Clearly the Doctor's just picked a random number out of the air, rather than tell Clyde the truth (as it's a secret he presumably wouldn't want to be common knowledge).

Either way, it hasn't really changed anything, and they can still do the whole "I'm on my last regeneration and could now die at any time" thing if they wanted too.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

No different to the Fourth Doctor once claiming that Time Lords had 900 lives...

Si.

Agreed, who'd want to shout about that...er, you're not on about....I'll get my coat

Belatedly,

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    Do we think RTD checked with The Moff that all these titbits of DW Lore could be fitted in, or do we think he went ahead and put them in anyway ?

Surely someone should be reminding him that he doesn't write DW any more ?
    Moffat oversees the whole of TSJA by my understanding, so it'll all have had to be approved by him.

Steven Moffat promises to reveal Big Secret next season: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s7/...ticle_continue

Si xx

Doctor Who star Matt Smith has revealed more details about the show's upcoming Christmas special.

The festive instalment will feature Harry Potter star Michael Gambon and singer Katherine Jenkins in key roles.

Smith told USA Today: "I had great fun making [the episode] because obviously it was the middle of July and there's loads of fake snow. There's lots of snow, crackers and turkey, and that goes hand-in-hand with the spirit of The Doctor and Doctor Who."

He added that the special would focus heavily on The Doctor's own festive spirit.

"It's showcasing humans at their most open and giving and kind," he said. "It's everything The Doctor's about."

Smith also referred to his role on the sci-fi drama as "the greatest part I've ever played".

"What's so wonderful about playing The Doctor is it's all based on invention," he explained. "You're given this white canvas to invent and paint on, and he can be any colour. I really want to push the boundaries of this part into next year now and keep raising the bar."

The as-yet-untitled Doctor Who special will air on BBC One this Christmas.

Si xx

The Utah Governor's Office of Economic Development has confirmed that principal photography for the previously announced US filming will take place in Utah from November 17 to November 19. The state's Motion Picture Incentive Fund has authorized a filming rebate of up to $30,000 for location filming in the state. The exact location of filming has not been revealed, and fans are not being encouraged to attend filming; a BBC representative told a member of the Utah Film Commission that he "feels that it would be doing the production a disservice to have fans of the show watching it being filmed as certain story arcs and plot lines could be exposed prematurely and be spread over the internet."
    Si xx

Exposed and spread over the internet?

Pffffttt. These people have such suspicious minds!

Si.

Bad news everybody - Matthew Graham is writing two episodes for season six...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Could be worse- it could be Chris Chibnall!

Si xx

Russell T. Davies has revealed that new Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat wants to feature Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman) in the show at some point in the future. Davies made the comments in an interview with IGN where he also discussed how he and Moffat exchange storyline details on future plots on Doctor Who and its spin-off shows The Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood so nothing clashes between the three shows.

Speaking to IGN, Russell T. Davies had the following to say:

"Well, Steven said he'd love to see Jack in Doctor Who. So if Steven says that, Steven will make it happen, I would think. That's not inside information, but I bet one day it will happen. I'd love to see it. It would be marvellous."

Si xx

SFx has photo's from the shoot in Utah. I love Matt Smith's hat. I really hope he wears in the episode.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/11/22/doct...ot-pictures/1/

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    SFx has photo's from the shoot in Utah. I love Matt Smith's hat. I really hope he wears in the episode.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/11/22/doct...ot-pictures/1/

maybe just my imagination but Karen, looks like she's put on a bit of weight.

That's Ian Levine, who turned up for the shooting to check they hadn't re-used a planet name from 1976.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Russell T. Davies has revealed that new Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat wants to feature Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman) in the show at some point in the future. Davies made the comments in an interview with IGN where he also discussed how he and Moffat exchange storyline details on future plots on Doctor Who and its spin-off shows The Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood so nothing clashes between the three shows.

Speaking to IGN, Russell T. Davies had the following to say:

"Well, Steven said he'd love to see Jack in Doctor Who. So if Steven says that, Steven will make it happen, I would think. That's not inside information, but I bet one day it will happen. I'd love to see it. It would be marvellous."

Si xx
    hope Captain Jack, dose make an appearance at some point but only for a couple of episodes.

The Ood and multi- coloured Cybermen are tipped to return in Season 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    #SPOILERS#

More teasing, from Neil Gaiman. Surrane Jones is in his episode, and according to Neil, she might be one of the Doctor's old friends with a new face.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s7/...o-details.html
    also confirmation on my twitter account of neil's work ( on the forum's behalf, of course) username on there "chalkeee"

From Doctor Who Newspage:

Filming for the Matthew Graham-penned episodes five+six returned to Cardiff Castle today, where three of its guest stars were spotted on-site in the story being directed by Julian Simpson.

As previously reported, Sarah Smart is playing a character named Jennifer Lucas. Her recent on-screen credits include Wallander (Anne-Britt Hoglund), Casualty 1906/1907/1909 (Ada Russell), and Five Days (Sarah Wheeler). [Smart's entry at Conway - Van Gelder - Grant Voices]

Leon Vickers is a new actor, having just graduated from the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama. His television credits include Garrow's Law (John Davis) and Being Victor (Carl Sutton), and is believed to be playing a character named 'Clone Worker' in Doctor Who. [Vickers's entry at Amanda Howard Associates].

Mark Bonnar's credits include timey-wimey series Paradox (D.S. Ben Holt), and recurring roles in Casualty (Bruno Jenkins) and The Bill (Ray Moore). His role in Doctor Who is currently unknown. [Bonnar's entry at Hatton McEwan]

Filming for this block is drawing to a close, with Matthew Graham tweeting: "My DW 2-parter finishes shooting end of this week. They will be glad to come in out of the perishing cold. Poor dears."
    Si xx