Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Series 6 news & rumours & wild speculation thread

So we're off to the Orient Express in space at christmas then...

This si the thread for rumours, speculation and spoilers about the next series of Doctor Who and the Christmas Special for this year.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I guess next year's "arc" will be tied in with the unanswered question(s) from this year - whose was the voice in the TARDIS, and why did they take the TARDIS to 26-06-10 and destroy it? And for that matter how did they destroy it?

And I suppose we're in for more River Song, who I find intriguing but a bit too smug - certainly not, IMHO, the Doctor's type!!

oh boy series 5 seems to of flown by and now we're talking about series 6.filming for the christmas special dosen't start for a few weeks yet so I guess it won't untill around septembers issue ofDWM, that we start to here news about what's going to be in series 6.

According to yahoo news:

Filming for the Doctor Who Christmas special has been thrown into jeopardy after the top-secret script reportedly went missing. Skip related content
    Related photos / videos
    Top secret Dr Who script missing Enlarge photo

Executive producer and lead writer Steven Moffat is facing a race against time to create a new draft before filming commences next month, according to Daily Star Sunday.

The writer reveals, "It's a flashback Christmas special."

Matt Smith currently stars at the Time Lord in the popular sci-fi show.
    Si xx

Bearing in mind that's a Daily Star report, it could mean anything. Has the ORIGINAL gone missing (surely he backed up?) or is it just a spoilers problem?

If the original and only copy has gone awol, I'll be happy to knock up a replacement and send it to him in time for filming. It would feature Autons and be set in the 1980's at Christmas time, and not be told in flashback.

Si.

The whispering voice is Omega. In order to escape from his universe, he decided to destroy ours so that his would take its place, by introducing anti-matter into the TARDIS, which would have had a bad effect on anything, let alone a time-travel device in flight.

As Omega's universe is in the Eye of Harmony beneath the Panopticon on Gallifrey, this means he's able the get past the Time Lock. Because of this, his next attempt at breaking free rips Gallifrey out of the Time War and returns it to normal space.

Almost total guesswork admittedly.

Isn't that just taking some passing comment from DWM's Production Notes (about the script having gone) and making a story out of it? And although I can see a story being told where the regulars wake up with amnesia and piece together the story via flashbacks, I can't see a story which is a flashback slotting into partway through the last series, that would seem a bit pointless.

And I'm not expecting to see Omega anytime soon. I know he's supposedly listed in the castlist for the Big Bang on IMDB, but then Sam Tyler from Life on Mars was listed in the castlist for Doomsday on the same site!!

It would be terrible if the original had a decent plot which made good sense and we had to have some silly timey wimey stuff instead.

Paul Cornell and Tom MacRae are rumoured to be writing for Series 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Paul Cornell and Tom MacRae are rumoured to be writing for Series 6.
    Oh goody!!! Two of Doctor Who's best two-parters were written by these guys, now all we need is Gareth Roberts again (writing his usual amazing stuff, not like The Lodger, that was average) and my life will be complete!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    And I suppose we're in for more River Song, who I find intriguing but a bit too smug - certainly not, IMHO, the Doctor's type!!
    She's toned it down a bit, but I agree- everytime she says "Spoilaaas" I want to jab a spoon in her ear

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post

and of course the Doctor, has never been "too smug"

If anyone didn't catch it on Confidential, the Moff confirmed that the next series will be all about finding out who River Song really is.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    If anyone didn't catch it on Confidential, the Moff confirmed that the next series will be all about finding out who River Song really is.

it'll be nice to finally find out who she is but I certainly hope they don't devote the whole series to it.

I think the whole of the rest of Doctor Who should be about who she is. They should change the title from "Doctor Who" to "River Who" as well.

Si.

Apparently Barbara Kidd who designed the costumes for
    * Frontier in Space
    * The Green Death
    * Invasion of the Dinosaurs
    * The Monster of Peladon
    * The Ark in Space
    * The Sontaran Experiment
    * Genesis of the Daleks
    * Pyramids of Mars
    * Kinda
    is joining the team for the Christmas Special/ Season 6 according to her CV

Si xx

You're kidding!

That'll keep the Kidd kids happy!

On Confidential Moffatt said that we'd be finding out 'WHO' the Silence were next year. So I'm suspecting that there might be an episode that ties back to Silence In The Library at some point. There very well may not be, but I'm staking the claim now and will revisit this thread in June 2011 to find out if I was right!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Isn't it about time we stopped all this stupid Series 1 nonsense now? We've reached the ludicrous situation where DWM are referring to the current series as "Series 1" but its own DVDs happily call it "Series 5". It's been an almighty screw-up!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Isn't it about time we stopped all this stupid Series 1 nonsense now? We've reached the ludicrous situation where DWM are referring to the current series as "Series 1" but its own DVDs happily call it "Series 5". It's been an almighty screw-up!

Si.
    couldn't agree more , it's series 31..

DWM live in their own fairy-fairy land at the moment where the series started with '100,000BC' and there are two versions of 'The Mutants'. Despite what it says on the DVD Covers.

(Although personally I count the TVM as Season 27 and the Specials as Season 32.)
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

What's Russell really up to in America?

Courting Johnny Depp?

Nahhhhhhhhhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    couldn't agree more , it's series 31..
    SEASON 31.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I think the whole of the rest of Doctor Who should be about who she is. They should change the title from "Doctor Who" to "River Who" as well.

Si.
    Surely that's not necessary, if she's Doctor Who herself? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Sorry; I mean his wife. Or his mum. Or both - "Oedipus Who".