Default Wiped! The Story behind Doctor Who's Missing Episodes

"We will shortly be adding to the site... details of a new book all about the destruction and recovery of Doctor Who episodes from the sixties and seventies. This title, called Wiped! is written by Richard Molesworth, one of the Doctor Who Restoration Team, and lifts the lid on all the rumours and misinformation about this topic. Not to be missed".
    Sound good doesn't it?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Yes! Another fact book for the shelf!

We might not get the Waterhouse autobiog but I think this might be worth a punt.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Be warned - the book does contain extensive interviews with Ian Levine so it won't be suitable for anyone with a pomposity allergy.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Be warned - the book does contain extensive interviews with Ian Levine so it won't be suitable for anyone with a pomposity allergy.
    Surely the entire book should be about him ?
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    I had a feeling he might have summat to do with it!

Molesworth, plugging himself* on Levine's forum, says:

No more rumours, no more misinformation, no more fan gossip. The truth about Doctor Who's missing episodes can now be told in full!
    I hope that doesn't mean those elements of the story are missing - otherwise this book will be as dull as David Brunt's non-existent book "The Book Of The Book of Doctor Who Lists Lists".

*Steady on.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Wells View Post
    Molesworth, plugging himself*
    *Steady on.
    A good trick if you know how it's done!

Apparently this book is upsetting Mr Levine a bit as it's contradicting all his carefully honed stories of how he personally saved episodes of the show. There's been much said on Gallifrey Base about it, and he's adamant lots of things are WRONG- especially how ABC in Australia happened to have a colour 625 VT of Frontier in Space after he bought copies of the B&W prints from the BBC.

I'm looking forward to this immensely!

Si xx

I have this image of the final Molesworth-Levine confrontation being like the last act of a bad whodunnit and Levine will get so wound up by Molesworth that he'll blurt out "That can't have happened because I've got all twelve episodes of the Dalek Masterplan and put 5 and 10 in the basement myself..."
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

@ Lissa.

We can only hope that's true!

Si xx

A naff whodunnit degenerating into an appalling Macbeth if Ian really gets going.

"Richard Molesworth has created the ultimate account of the search for the missing Doctor Who episodes. I wholeheartedly endorse his book, and believe every Doctor fan everywhere owes themselves the privilege of reading it.
    Not only the best book on the subject, but probably the best Doctor Who book EVER"
    IAN LEVINE - OCTOBER 2010
    And you know what, after spending much of the weekend escaping from other things by reading this book I can't find myself disagreeing with him. The level of research that's gone into this book is astonishing and really if you have any interest in the how Doctor Who came to lose so many episodes then this is the book for you. Brilliant stuff.

Si xx