Default Take That Robbie

He's back in the band!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment+arts-10636043

Singer Robbie Williams and Take That have recorded a new album, the group has confirmed.

It is the first time all five members have worked together since Williams quit 15 years ago.

The singer said he was "embarrassingly excited" and reuniting with his former group felt like "coming home" while bandmate Mark Owen added that it "feels like a dream".

All five singers have written the songs for the record, due out in November.

Owen said: "Getting the five of us to be in a room together, although always a dream, never actually seemed like becoming a reality.
    Related stories

* In pictures: Take That
    * Williams and Barlow record duet

"Now the reality of the five of us making a record together feels like a dream. It's been an absolute delight spending time with Rob again. But I'm still a better footballer."

Jason Orange said it was "absolutely brilliant," adding, "I'm over the moon that Robbie's back with us, however long it lasts. I just want to enjoy our time with him. Life is beautifully strange sometimes."

Outstanding contribution

The reunion took place in New York last September, following Take That's The Circus Live tour.

Speculation began that they might reform when it emerged that Williams had met up with the rest of the group during Owen's stag do.

When Williams walked out of the band in 1995, he went on to launch a successful career. The remaining members disbanded a year later but reformed in 2005.

Since then, they have had three number one singles and two sell-out tours.

As a solo artist, Williams, who was presented with the outstanding contribution award at the Brits earlier this year, has had eight number one albums in the UK.
    Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow Wiliams and Barlow recently put the past behind them

Last month, he announced on his website that he was releasing a single with former bandmate Gary Barlow.

Shame, co-written by the pair, is due out on 4 October and will also appear on Williams' greatest hits album, In And Out Of Consciousness.

In a statement on his website, Williams said the album was "not only a celebration of my past but also a bridge to the future".

"The fact that part of the future includes a name from my past makes it all the more poignant for me."

The last album that the band worked on together was their number one record, Nobody Else in 1995.

Exclusive footage of the band back together will be shown on the BBC News at Six later.
    Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

There's a dead-weight that'll drag Take That right down.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I have to disagree Monseur McCow! This is exactly the right move. I - like many others I imagine - cannot wait to hear Robbie back with the boys! "The Circus" sold millions, but they've soared just about as high as they can since their revival, as has Rob with his recent big comeback and the double Hits CD about to be released. But this - this album is going to be absolutely HUGE. Watch it absolutely fly out the shops this Christmas.

Si.

Well I'm sure it'll be a success and I wish them all the best with it.

It's just that the four of them have proved they can make new magic without his help. They've spent the last few years showing that they are excellent performers and songwriters. Getting Robbie back on board could appear to be an act of charity on their part, except that they'll make a reported £75 mill or so.

In the footage that was on the BBC last night, they looked really uncomfortable. It would be great if it was working out behind the scenes, but who can tell?

Anyway, they'll probably be very popular and entertain loads of people, which is the main thing.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I didn't see the footage, but I do think it shows great humility on Take That's part to have him back, especially Gary.

Not that anyone hasn't proven themselves. Whether or not its coincidence that Robbie is releasing a gigantic 40 track set of all his enormous hits on the eve of this project or not, it should be obvious that both sides have done impossibly well since they parted ways; both have become names that will go down in British music history on their own merits.

But, having recently read Gary's book (and from my own memory) there was a time after Robbie (voluntarily) left when he was staggeringly cruel and malicious towards Gary - it didn't help that Gary's own solo career had hit the skids somewhat, and he was getting a bit "done over" by a US record company that didn't know how to market him, and yet everytime he opened the paper he saw a childish comment from Robbie calling him useless, untalented etc. Can't have been nice.

So Gary welcoming him back shows great humility, IMO. They will make a lot of money, but not THAT much more than they would have done with a new TT album anyway, so it shows the measure of the man that he's prepared to let bygones be bygones.

And hearing Robbie singing with Take That again is going to be impossibly exciting, not just because he used to be in the group but because he's one of the UK's most successful male vocalists of all time on his own - so it's like if Madonna decided to join Black Eyed Peas; the collision of two individually such remarkable and talented legends is something any sane music lover would give their left arm to see!

Si.

Largely agree except -
    the collision of two individually such remarkable and talented legends is something any sane music lover would give their left arm to see!
    There are many sane music lovers who find TT bland, or unexciting, or even plain annoying.

Personally I think they're great within the bounds of pop music, they put on a good show etc and they deserve their success, but I can't get that excited about them.

It's great news that Stuart Price is producing the album. Should mean a dancey feel rather than the middle of the road leanings of their recent wares.

I think that there recent stuff is much much better than their older singles.

I love Shine, Patience, Rule the World & Said it All.

Personally, I don't care if Robbie is in the band or not. He needs them more than they need him.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Robbie Williams will marry his American girlfriend tomorrow, it was reported.

The singer, 36, will tie the knot with Ayda Field, 31, on an island off the coast of California, The Sun said today. According to the paper, Williams' Take That bandmates - who he dramatically rejoined last month - are not attending the "intimate" ceremony on Santa Catalina.

Among the guests said to be attending are his parents, and friend Jonathan Wilkes. Los Angeles-based Williams and Field have been together for more than three years since meeting through friends.

They are reportedly going on a two-week honeymoon before he arrives back in the UK to promote the new Take That material. His previous girlfriends include model Rachel Hunter, pop star Nicole Appleton and actress Anna Friel.

Last month Take That ended months of speculation by announcing Williams was rejoining the band for a new album. He walked out 15 years ago.
    To misquote the ninth Doctor - it'll never work. he's gay and she's an alien.