Default Discovery at Stonehenge ... Pandorica or older Pagan circle?

A discovery at Stonehenge ... of course they're missing the obvious that they're burn marks from a giant alien spaceship landing there ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-10718522

Archaeologists have discovered a second henge at Stonehenge, described as the most exciting find there in 50 years.

The circular ditch surrounding a smaller circle of deep pits about a metre (3ft) wide has been unearthed at the world-famous site in Wiltshire.

Archaeologists conducting a multi-million pound study believe timber posts were in the pits.

Project leader Professor Vince Gaffney, from the University of Birmingham, said the discovery was "exceptional".

The new "henge" - which means a circular monument dating to Neolithic and Bronze Ages - is situated about 900m (2,950ft) from the giant stones on Salisbury Plain.

Images show it has two entrances on the north-east and south-west sides and inside the circle is a burial mound on top which appeared much later, Professor Gaffney said.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Hot diggity!

We visited Stonehenge a few weeks ago and I bought a book about the site, because I didn't really know much about Stonehenge.

Now that book is going to be entirely wrong!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    We visited Stonehenge a few weeks ago
    Yeah - Stonehenge is enough of a magnet for wierdos without having now featured in Doctor Who so top of peoples "Doctor Who Locations Tours ... outside of Cardiff"!

Just don't say you believe the one where Merlin rode them into place.

The stone itself comes from Wales according to geological matching - which meant it was a mammoth undertaking moving them all that way so many thousand years ago, when the UK was most likely a collection of tribal states.

However as dispair inc told me about the pyramids ...

I hear this is going to be the Tories new slogan!
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

So there was a Wood Henge as well? For all we know there were loads of Henges all around the country, each made of something different. I bet once upon a time there was a Cheese Henge as well, until a fat person came along and ate it.

Si.

There were probably loads of these circles built in Britain, out of stone and wood.

Stonehenge means 'Hanging stones'. So the stones at Avebury wouldn't be a 'henge' because all the stones are lying on the ground.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!