Default King Yrcanos of The Road - Brian Blessed Sat Nav

From www.theregister.com -

Brian Blessed will become the new sound of satnav this October after a Facebook group of 25,000 showed support.

With no current TomTom voices similar to the actor's famous boom, Mancunian motorist Richard Gardner started the unwieldily-named Facebook group, Campaign to get Brian Blessed to do a voice-over for my sat nav, claiming such equipment should be directing us with "gleeful beardiness".

Launched in April 2008, Richard promptly forgot about it, returning in February 2010 to find 450 members. He spread the word and within weeks, the group grew to several thousand.

Richard then contacted TomTom, which said it would negotiate with Brian Blessed if the group reached 25,000 supporters. So Richard approached the larger than life actor, who agreed to film a campaign video and lend his voice.

Now, with the group in excess of 25,800 members, TomTom has confirmed Brian's voice will be used in satnavs from October.

Blessed, most famous for his role as Prince Vultan of the Hawkmen in Flash Gordon, joins the list of celebrity TomTom voices which include Homer Simpson, John Cleese, Snoop Dogg, Billy Connolly and Darth Vader.

Gardner believes this is the first time a product has been created through Facebook, adding that rather than using a social network for selling us stuff, companies should be using it to ask what we want to buy.

Brian meanwhile is "thrilled to bits".

Customers can send suggestions for other voices they'd like to hear on their sat nav through TomTom's Twitter page. Nothing makes your opinion heard more than a Facebook group of 25,000 though, well done Richard. Now drive my Hawkmen, drive.
    To be absolutely perfect though, it'd have to be a bit sweary.

YOU'VE GONE THE WRONG F***ING WAY! MAKE A U-TURN WHEN POSSIBLE AND WATCH OUT FOR THAT F***ING LORRY!

So what would you like a Brian Blessed TomTom voice to say to you? And what other Doctor Who stars would be great to have on your SatNav?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I don't think todays SatNavs have a loud enough speaker to do it justice.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Tom Baker is probably the ulitmate choice, though the thought of a Sylvester McCoy one is making me chuckle!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It might be possible to tie the SatNav into the car stereo - I'm sure it must be!

Sylvester is a good choice, with lots of opportunities to say 'When did they leave here?' in the style of Ace from Remembrance of the Daleks.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Sutekh might make things difficult
    "In 200 yards turn left"
    "But the road I want is on the right"
    " Your left is my right. Now abase yourself, you grovelling insect"

He'd be quite good for hand signals though.

Xoanon would get your lost and then start screaming "Where am I?" in various voices.
    Bazinga !

"Where am I? Where am I? Where am I?"
    "You have arrived at your destination."

Found a video of the prototype ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JpKuYbJQK4
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

The guy driving the car in that video looks really familiar, yet I can't place him. Spooky.

Aside from that - too much preamble and not enough Brian! I need condensed YouTube for my limited concentration span.

Thats a common problem with YouTube - you often get a 3 minute video which includes 1 minute of build up and 1 minute of credits. Just cut to the chase!!!