Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

It's typical isn't it? Before I left the UK, I have to admit I'd seen several of the children from my street in Farnbrough grow up, and their attitude to life was a bit that "living on welfare" was a life choice. It did seem somewhat that the people on benefit had life easier than those who were working and trying to support themselves.

It'd probably be fair to say that something did need to be done about that. But of course the typical Conservative way seems be to take a bulldozer to a nut. Because some people might, lets make all suffer just to be sure, and to please the ones with the blue rinses in party HQ.

What I find quite sickening is though how very samey all the parties are seeming now - none seem to really care for the average person on the street, no one champions the vulnerable, whether Nu Labour or Conservative the last few years has seemed mainly about courting Corperations and the very rich
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

They're not managing the economy very well either now, as we've just hot a double dip recession: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17836624

I'm sure the previous Labour Government will be to blame for this. Or at least George Osbourne will find a way to make them responsible...

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Possibly not, but it's good news for Jeremy Hunt who can now step down gracefully from the headlines and back into obscurity, his job intact. I'm sure everyone will now forget about his enthusiasm and regular contact with Team Murdoch.

This was also fairly interesting, from The Independent:

A year ago 72 per cent of Liberal Democrat voters said that they were interested in politics but that has now fallen to just 50 per cent. The number of Conservative supporters interested in politics has fallen to 65 per cent while Labour support has dropped 12 points to 48 per cent.

The study also suggests there has been a striking decline over the past two years in the proportion of the public undertaking voluntary work. One person in five says they would be prepared to work for free in their communities, down from nearly 30 per cent in 2010 – a finding which the Hansard Society said represented a "worrying development" for the Big Society.

Many voters see a strong disconnection between what happens in Parliament and its effect on individuals lives. Only 24 per cent of people think the system of governing works "reasonably well" while just 38 per cent agree that the Government is held to account by Parliament.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

None of the main parties have done well by the country. It's time for a revolution. Next election, vote UKIP, Green Party, Respect or any other minor party. Show the main parties that they need to seriously sort themselves out, or they will disappear in the same way that the Liberal Party did from 1935 onwards...

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Very interesting article here on the international perception of our Prime Minister: http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/0...dChannel=11708

So, with the fuel duty rise now scrapped (thank goodness) and the massive u-turn over the hot food tax because it wasn't popular, does this mean the last budget was one of the of the most inept ever?

I've never known a govt do so many u-turns. It just beggars believe!

Not so much inept as now-non-existant. Cameron's no better than Brown, who was no better than Blair, who was no better than Major, who was no better than Maggie. Is it any wonder apathetic voters are breeding like rabbits?

The army cuts - Is it me, or do the Government actually want us to be invaded? Thank you, Defence Minister Reggie Mental!

Surely the best thing to do for defence cuts would be to scrap our nuclear program. We've never actually used it anyway, and it's not the cold war anymore guys.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Yes, that'd make sense, but this Government isn't going to be the one to do that.

Anybody wanna buy a second-hand Trident?

I have a garden fork you can have cheap.

Jeremy Hunt is now Cealth Secretary...

Unfortunately Michael Gove is still Education Secretary.

"Gove and Clegg unveil exam reforms" - if ever there was headline designed to draw abuse!!

The Thick Of It suddenly becomes real in the form of The Clegg & Gove show!

It could be the start of a series:

Gove & Clegg Unveil Exam Reforms
    Gove & Clegg go Adventuring
    Gove & Clegg Hit Vegas
    Gove & Clegg Discover The Vagina

and so on...
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Welp, Cameron is continuing to drive traditional Tories towards UKIP, as Lord Stevens takes up the UKIP whip in the House of Lords...

Honestly, the Lib Dems are certainly heading towards electoral oblivion in 2015, and it's looking like the Tories are heading the same way. I think that they would've been better off with a Labour victory in 2010!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Labour are now 15 points ahead in the poll. (Populus)
    Labour 45%, Tories 30% and Lib Dem 10%. Normally I'd be over the moon. But I can't think of any policies Labour have announced. I think that's dangerous as they basically have the blind support of "Anything ANYTHING but the Coalition!!", the TUC have criticised Labour for supporting the cuts. But the problem with ABTC (Anything but the coalition) is you get people voting to support polices they wouldn't bother voting for if they looked into it.

So I'm still undecided. And things are going to get much worse!

I'd vote Saxon - at least I know what I'm letting myself in for...

So I'm still undecided. And things are going to get much worse!
    Flashback to the 1990's: Things.... can only get better...!!

And what did we get out of that campaign? Well, Brian Cox gave up a musical career...

Every time you think they've reached a new low, you find something worse lurking underneath... http://conservativehome.blogs.com/pl...ip-lee-mp.html

And this is the guy the people of Bracknell (though I stress, not me) voted for, for goodness sake.

You made me feel dirty, just for looking at the page it linked to
    Bazinga !

I'm so sorry Jon!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2