Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

On the grounds of which one's the woman again...?

This might just sway someones voting.

We're about 8 months from the General Election now....

UK August public finances show further slippage, income tax weak

Public borrowing for the tax year to date, excluding banks, was 45.4 billion pounds, 6.2 percent higher than between April and August 2013.

Britain's government said in March that it would aim to reduce borrowing by 10 percent in the 2014/15 tax year to take the budget deficit down to 5.5 percent of GDP from around 6.5 percent in 2013/14.
    It's ok though, they're soon to be adding the cost of war to the GDP figures, so it'll look better than it actually is.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

"Gloves come off in first day of election battle".

Oh good grief, this is going to go on for months isn't it? Two rubbish clones of Tony Blair, one evil and one just broken, plus fringe lunatics UKIP buying way more coverage than they deserve. If only we could do something about it.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I've switched off, literally. Press and tv. It's just lies and brainwashing, imo.

On the subject of the coalition, and the story we are fed that inflation is under 2%....I was shopping in Tescos last week and noticed that the weight/packaging of cheese has dropped from 350g packets to 300/310g, but the price remains the same. That's some serious shrinkflation going on...
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Are You Registered To Vote?

Last year, did you get your letter last year saying the you've been automatically enrolled to the new voting system?

If, like me you can't remember - you think you might have got some thing, but it was quickly thrown in the trash - then pop on over to: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

It's handy if you have your National Insurance number to hand (you might find a copy of that on your wage slip) but it should still work if you don't.

If you're moving house , you might want to wait until you've moved - and then register from your new abode
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

edited due to a brain burp...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    "Gloves come off in first day of election battle".

Oh good grief, this is going to go on for months isn't it? Two rubbish clones of Tony Blair, one evil and one just broken, plus fringe lunatics UKIP buying way more coverage than they deserve. If only we could do something about it.
    Vote for me and I'll exterminate the lot of them. And Russell Brand. Vote for Stuart's Fun Alliance - you know SFA makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Philip J Ludlam View Post
    It's handy if you have your National Insurance number to hand (you might find a copy of that on your wage slip) but it should still work if you don't.
    To hand? Mine is in my head. I only had this & my Halifax PIN* to remember as a 16 yr old.

*Well those & all my school stuff to pass exams.

Well thanks Phil for the link. I completed it but as I pressed "Send" or whatever it was, I remembered I voted in last year's European and Local elections.
    They haven't changed the rules again have they?
    And yeah Perry, every day until May we're going to get this crap. And then for a couple of days afterwards as well.
    The only good thing about watching Sky News (when I'm at work so I can only see it on my breaks and lunch) is you can smell their fear!
    They haven't got a clue what the outcome is. But I will stick my neck out and say UKIP won't get the victories the media are saying they will.
    Besides, what if we did get a referendum and the outcome was "Yes" to staying in? All that hate and fear for nothing!

So the polls seem to suggest that we're two weeks away from electing another coalition?

The polls are often wrong, but I think this time they may be right. The Tories have alienated some since being in Government but Labour have come across as pretty ineffective in the last few years, with Milliband coming across as more or a liability to their chances of success. As for the Lib Dems, guilt by association in this coalition Government could destroy the number of MP's they will have after the election with the fringe parties taking a bigger share.

As long as it's Green/Monster Raving Loony...

I've been having a go at this:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32336071

It's BBC's "What if no-one Wins the Election" game
    and it's a bit of fun too

It gives you a somewhat random result and you get to pick the parties that will form the coalition.

I must say, most of my
    coalitions involve the LibDems, SNP and largest out of Conservatives or Labour.
    I know, boring!

But invariably that's simplest way for it to work.

Occasionally I put UKIP in bed with the Tories, but that's only to not use SNP
    Always have an Edge

Labour, LibDems and... Sinn Fein to get 326 exactly.

No way in hell that would happen of course!

Can a Cat Predict the Outcome of the Election

Because no-one else can :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02p...omedy_vidclip1
    Always have an Edge

If an octopus can do that well predicting the World Cup...

Well at least this thread will have a good few pages left...
    Cue the emigration to Scotland threads?
    And when I saw Angela Eagle who I voted for when she spoke on my doorstep in the European Elections, both Ed Miliband and Ed Balls have to go!
    03:21 Sky News "Ed Miliband Won't make tomorrow lunchtime".

?

We're not going to get a Coalition, not now at any rate!

The Tory faithful will be singing in the streets (are they doing that already? ) while the SNP will be lording it up in Scotland
    Always have an Edge

Well done to Nicola Sturgeon - you've let the Tories back in. Feel proud of yourself now ?

(BTW, I know that's not the only reason , but hey - I've been watching soundbite election coverage !!)
    Bazinga !

I feel like crying. This is the worst possible outcome imaginable.

Edit: Well, bar UKIP winning, but that was never going to happen.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I feel like crying. This is the worst possible outcome imaginable.

Edit: Well, bar UKIP winning, but that was never going to happen.
    The prospect of seeing spam faced Camerdroid's smugness on the news tonight is not balanced by the joyful loss of Ed Balls and Simon Hughes, nor the Clegg-kicking that will happen very soon.
    Bazinga !

Thread title has been edited in the light of yesterday's events.

Well it's happened. Labour really need to get their act together for 2020 as it is we'll most likely see Boris or Theresa (or possibly George or Sajid) take over well before the end of the end of the current parliamentary term.

So it's started already. LINK

Great to know that I'm in an essential public service. Just not so essential that my ultimate employer ignores the independent pay recommendations, steals my pension contributions to pay off the deficit and makes me compete with completely unqualified people for a dwindling number of jobs.
    From a party who were only voted for by 3% of the UK electorate.
    Bazinga !

There's the Left Wing if I ever saw it
    Always have an Edge