Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

It's strange isn't it. I've yet to see anything like that.

Well it's because you're an Admin isn't it and I'm just a prole. They wouldn't dare do it to you.

Wayne Guest

Same for me Tim. And yet not for everyone it seems.

We've both had it here.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

<snigger>

I've had it about five times since Friday night.

Wayne Guest

vBulletin Message
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.
    It's getting really annoying now.

(literally 30+ attempts at posting this)

I've not seen it once, it's all fine here. And at work.

Si.

Wayne Guest

It's alright again just at the moment. It seems to be one of those intermittent things.

The server message came up again but disappeared after I refreshed the screen a couple of times

Edited to add: from my experience the best solution definitely appears to be refreshing the screen - it's more of a problem for me today. Even posting this message was held up by it!
    Last edited by Ralph; 10th Mar 2008 at 8:09 PM. Reason: Because I don't want the wrath of Si by posting again!

Could we refrain from posting to the thread every time it happens? Please post an update only if no-one has observed the fault for a few days!

Si.

I've been unable to post any new threads today- each time I get a message that there's a malformed reply from the server. So we can't talk about the weather, which might just be a bonus, I don't know.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Hello everyone,

Streamline.net are indeed having problems with their Linux servers, one of which hosts PS:

Customers may currently be experiencing issues on our Linux platform. This will include intermittent access to their sites displaying and Internal Server Errors being displayed.

In addition the error logs for domains experiencing problems will indicate an issue with FastCGI and session timeouts. All available engineering resources are now looking into these issues in order to look to resolve these as soon as possible.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause and once more information is available we will update the service status page.
    So apologies from them, and from me too. I realise how annoying it is, but they're aware of it and on the case. Also, I'm afraid that now I've started my new job, I'll no longer to be able to log onto PS until the early evening (after 5pm) during weekdays, so if there are any problems with the forum during the day, I'll be unable to assist (I'd love to be able to get onto PS of course, but as I now work in a busy Council office and everything is monitored, I simply don't have the time/means to access any non-work internet sites). Perhaps if we have problems in the future, we can looking into the possibility of arranging for one of the Mods/Admins to act as a 'caretaker' during the day. Although in this particular case, there's literally nothing I or anyone else could've done to improve things. Bear with us.

Is it me, or is the legal aspect of my job beginning to rub off on my posting?

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Could we refrain from posting to the thread every time it happens? Please post an update only if no-one has observed the fault for a few days!

Si.
    What harm is it doing? These aren't personal 'complaints' - just information. How can Pip (or anyone) keep updated as to how the situation is affecting us otherwise?
    We've been through all this before. The posts must not be interpreted as complaints. We're all friends here.

I didn't think they were complaints Wayne, it's just a case of only reporting useful information. As a mod, I try and check this forum every time there is a post, to see if I can help. But if there's a problem lasting say, two days, but every single time someone gets an error warning for it they post to this thread, then I'm soon going to get tired of keep clicking on it just to read "problem's still here". All I'm asking is that you only report a problem when it hasn't been reported already. I'm sure you'd rather posts made on this forum be picked up on immediately, rather than Mod attention growing lacks because the thread is flooded with reponses not giving any additional information.

Si.

Wayne Guest

Ok then.

Sorry Wayne, just ignore my last couple of posts, I've had a bit on my mind today. You're all perfectly welcome to report any instances of problems of course.

Si.

Wayne Guest

No worries Bea.

Pip Madeley Guest

Apologies again to everyone for any problems you might've experienced today, the hosts are aware of it and are still trying to identify the problem - there's been a few this weekend, I expect something major happened at their centre.

Wayne Guest

Thanks for the info Pip.

any chance of a chatbox here? or do i just have to rely on other forum pages.... i know , i can hear the cries of " unfaithful" and "heretic" pls don't spike me!!! * cheesy grin*

Pip Madeley Guest

We used to have a chat room on the old PS but it was rarely used. As for a chat box, it'd be an extra burden on the server and personally I don't think it's necessary... but of course, I'm willing to be proved wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    We used to have a chat room on the old PS but it was rarely used. As for a chat box, it'd be an extra burden on the server and personally I don't think it's necessary... but of course, I'm willing to be proved wrong...
    ok fair point, just asking

I have received this message 4-5 times this evening;

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@planetskaro.org.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I can get onto the forum OK, but if I try to access a thread, that message has been appearing. It's not constant, but it's getting annoying.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?