Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Wayne Guest

I've been having no end of trouble with it tonight, so i'm glad at not just me at least.

Ahh, yes. I had that several times yesterday when I was trying to post a new thread.In fact, since I've been back from the holiday, posting new threads has been slow and has taken, in most cases several attempts to do. You've been spared some threads because of it because I just couldn't be arsed going through it all again.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    In fact, since I've been back from the holiday, posting new threads has been slow and has taken, in most cases several attempts to do.
    That's just the jet-lag, Si - you'll get the hang of it eventually...

It's been generally slow or stopped for me over the last few days, too. I know it's not Pip's or anyone else here's fault but I hope it gets resolved soon!
    Last edited by Antony Cox; 14th Mar 2008 at 12:38 PM.

I've not had a single message or problem!

Si.

It's been fine for me today so far but the last few days have been bad to the point of me not even trying on one occasion.

Pip Madeley Guest

Apologies for the continued problems:

Our engineering team are currently working extensively to try to resolve this as a priority as soon as possible. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this ongoing issue and we are looking to resolve these as soon as possible.
    I find the forum is lightning fast at times, and horribly slow at others. If you get an Internal Server Error, click 'Back' and try to post again.

I've been getting a lot of "server busy" problems lately.
    Geoff

I've been getting a lot of "server busy" problems lately.
    It seems to be a very off-and-on kind of problem - but I think it's largely up to vBulletin rather than us.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

So far today I've had 'Server Busy', 'Internal Error' & 'Database Error' messages.

And is it just me or does everyone get a flash of blue underneath the red/orange borders of the posts/boards when you refresh?

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    It seems to be a very off-and-on kind of problem - but I think it's largely up to vBulletin rather than us.
    vBulletin provide the software, not the server.

So far today I've had 'Server Busy', 'Internal Error' & 'Database Error' messages.
    I'll pass that onto our hosts.

And is it just me or does everyone get a flash of blue underneath the red/orange borders of the posts/boards when you refresh
    That's fine, that's just colour coding that I've not updated from the previous theme. Nothing to worry about.

I had problems sending PMs earlier today.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Keep getting lots of Internal Server problems today (like the bit about me suggesting what I might have done to cause the problem )
    Bazinga !

Just to let you know, just to post this message alone has taken 4 attempts as I've had 4 internal error messages

Pip Madeley Guest

I've been having lots of trouble too.

All your complaints are being forwarded to our hosts, and for the meantime I'm closing the forum whilst I try to see if I can do anything at my end.

Pip Madeley Guest

Apologies for the forum downtime this evening everyone, I've spent the evening tinkering away (I need a beer!). I can't tell for sure that the problem has been fixed, but things appear to be running smoother at the moment. Please let us know of your experience tomorrow, although just the one post will do!

And you deserve a beer, Pip.

If we could help in any way, you know we would
    Bazinga !

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Apologies for the forum downtime this evening everyone, I've spent the evening tinkering away (I need a beer!). I can't tell for sure that the problem has been fixed, but things appear to be running smoother at the moment. Please let us know of your experience tomorrow, although just the one post will do!
    Glad to see it back up!

Yes maintaining computers is a thankless task - so you'll get no thanks from me!

well at the moment things are going well and responce time is pretty quick to..

Thanks for trying to get things sorted Pipster

Pip Madeley Guest

Sadly it's gone downhill again, just taken me 5 minutes to get onto PS. Trust this to happen on Easter weekend!

It's all gone Pete Tong! It's like being on Dial-up again.

But after yesterday I'd rather it be slow than closed. I appreciate your work, Pip but there is only so much you can do. Internal Server Error is the major problem for me today,which is beyond your control.
    I wonder if the server suppliers have over subscribed the servers & they are having trouble coping with demand?

Pip Madeley Guest

It's possible. It's the connection to the server that is the problem - or rather, the sporadic connection. It's just not good enough. I'm waiting for them to reply, I included all the complaints so hopefully they'll get the message!

Pip Madeley Guest

Just read:

Your ticket has been raised to Support Level 2. This is due to the
    slightly more complex issues raised by your ticket. Hopefully the issue
    will not take any longer than the original 24 hour response time,
    occasionally it may be slightly longer.

Kind regards

StreamlineNet Support.
    I suspect they read my above post!

This is my first post in five days! It's too difficult and wide these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    I suspect they read my above post!
    Could be. Further to my last post, I've also noticed that the problems get worse the later it gets, coincidentally it would be when America would start to log on. I still think the server is being over loaded.