Default Belle and Sebastian - New Album

2010 is shaping up to be a busy year. We have already recorded and finished our new album, and have been playing festivals around the world this summer. The album and tours in the UK and North America are all scheduled for the final quarter.
    I'm very pleased about this - it seems like aaaaages since the last B&S album!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

It was. The Life Pursuit was the last one wasn't it?
    For me, Belle and Sebastian went off the boil ages ago. The last couple of albums have been a bit dull I think.

I disagree - there were certainly some stinkers on 'Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like A Peasant' but both 'Dear Catastrophe Waitress' and 'The Life Pursuit' were marvellous.

Or to look at it another way, they still haven't done anything as good as the Dog On Wheels EP.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Hooray!

Having really liked Dear Catastrophe Waitress and The Life Pursuit more than any of their other albums (excpet If You're Feeling Sinister perhaps) I'm really looking forward to hearing what they do next.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

We saw them live last night at the Camden Roundhouse. Getting to the venue was a bit of a nightmare, largely because I didn't park the car near enough. Plus there's a really nice restaurant in the Roundhouse, but we couldn't get any food there because it was fully booked up. Thanks to the no re-admissions policy, we couldn't get food anywhere else either!!

Fortunately, B&S were fantastic. They've got several albums to draw on now, so they don't need to play any second-rate tracks to pad the concert out. In fact, there were several great tunes that they missed out, including Seeing Other People and If You're Feeling Sinister. But we did get The Boy With The Arab Strap, Dog On Wheels, La Pastie De La Borgeousie, Lord Anthony, I'm A Cuckoo and The Blues Are Still Blue.

I was especially pleased that the tracks from the recent album, 'Write About Love' came across so well. In fact, 'I Should Have Seen It Coming' and 'Living In The Real World' were concert highlights for me.

For a band that's been going nigh on twenty years, they still felt very fresh and exciting.

"Step Into My Office Baby" is a fave track of mine. Can't believe I haven't seen these play live..... YET

They're well worth going to see if you get the chance. A very entertaining act!

I only finally got to see them a few weeks ago, and as Steve says, they were rather wonderful live.