Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

For all its naffness, Meglos is still fairly good fun. The acting is mostly of a good quality, whoever did the casting got their job right. For all it's ridiculousness, the actors treat the script with respect! And I really like Tom's performance both as Meglos and as the Doctor in this one.

There are some good effects. The actual image of the Doctor as a cactus-like creature is very strong and always makes for a good photograph / book cover / DWM cover. The screens of Zolfa-Thura are fairly pretty and the jungle is okay really, but its very poorly lit.

The music is also rather fab, whether it's Paddy Kingsland or Peter Howell, they really turned out the electronic goods for this story.

I really like the chronic hysteresis and the way they get out of it. I also like the idea of 'Cactus impersonates Doctor to take over universe' as the driving force for the story.

All of these things don't make up for the poor script, but they do make Meglos a fairly entertaining watch.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by The Secretive Bus View Post
    That's the best cover in bloody years! Looks like one of the painted covers from the late Targets. It's still just random elements thrown together but this one actually has a nice formation and a focus.
    And unlike the VHS cover, it doesn't show the join of the gloves.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!