Dave Lewis Guest

Default Pet naming cat-astrophe

From Sky News

Royal Mail bosses are threatening to suspend deliveries to a woman's home - because of her aggressive cat. While dogs are traditionally the bane of a postman's life, Dipity the "little terror" has also sent fur flying.

The cat patrols owner Sarah Gregg's Huddersfield house like a guard dog and loves to pick fights. But mail bosses have now received a complaint from the local depot manager after Dipity leapt three feet and slashed a postie's hand as he popped a delivery through the letter box, drawing blood. They wrote to Sarah saying: "If any further incidents are allowed to take place I shall have to consider suspending deliveries until I am satisfied the danger is removed." And they advised her to fit a cage inside the front door.

Sarah, 24, said: "You hear about guard dogs injuring postmen all the time - but not cats. "I can't say I blame them for threatening to cut me off. I love Dipity to bits - she's adorable - but I'd be the first to admit she's a little terror. All she wants to do is pick fights. When I took her to be neutered she tried to gouge lumps out of the vet and was hissing at all the dogs."

A local postman told The Mirror: "People think only dogs are dangerous - but a swipe from a cat is just as painful."
    A typically crappy slow-news-day story from Sky that has only caught my eye because of the name of the crazed kitty in question - Dipity. I couldn't get my head around it... did she have a lost twin called Seren, I pondered. Then, at last, the light dawned on me like a slap around the face from a drowning yak. The cat's owner is called Sarah. Sarah 'n' Dipity.

There should be a law. If there was any justice the beast would stab up its owner until she changed its name to something less appalling.

what was she on when she thought up that name

what was she on when she thought up that name
    Perhaps she'd just watched The Green Death.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Sarah 'n' Dipity
    Would it be unbearably sad of me to say I think that's quite clever, and funny?

Hardly a 'happy accident' for the postman, is it?

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Would it be unbearably sad of me to say I think that's quite clever, and funny?
    No, but then I know what your cats are called...

Trudi G Guest

I've had cats called Mippen, Bipidy do dah, Megapaws, Bibble......maybe i'm just weird! I wanted to call our kitten Slartibartfast, but Christian wouldn't let me...

Pip Madeley Guest

I've got a sex kitten.

She's got a nice name.

Oksana and have have a kitten (13 weeks old) and we've called him Charlie.
    I read that cats respond to names that end in "ie" or "y". I was tempted to name him Mucky!!!
    I've subsequently heard that they like names starting with "CH", so we seem to have done quite well.

I can't be calling our cat any strange names - you have to think of the 'calling out for your cat in public' factor

Pip Madeley Guest

I always go "Ch ch ch ch ch ch ch" to cats and they seem to respond - my old (now dead) cat Miami used to come running from yards away...

Dave Lewis Guest

Was it a well-behaved cat, or did it have some Miami Vices?

Brendan stop honking!

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lewis View Post
    Was it a well-behaved cat, or did it have some Miami Vices?

When he was hungry, he was a Miami Sound Machine.

'Ave it.

We have two cats, Felix & Tigger. They seem happy with thier names.