Default New homepage, and new(old) audio content!

Dear all,

We are proud to officially announce that our brand-spanking new homepage has gone live at http://www.planetskaro.org.uk.

This is the first step in the gradual roll-out of our new website, which has begun with this, as well as the whole of our first season of Planet Skaro audios, including Echoes of the Protii and The Soap of Fatal Death, being available to hear, with the two aforementioned stories receiving their online premiers!

We will be rolling out the rest of the website, including the rest of the current Planet Skaro audios, and a fuller homepage, over the next few months. We've certainly got some exciting things in store!

Many thanks,
    Anthony, Si and Lissa!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Well done guys... although I'm disappointed you didn't tell us to "Stay Tuned" Ant!!

Good start guys and it's so easy to listen to an audio with the player that pops out. I'm listening to my first PS Audio now!
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Hope you enjoy it Duncan. Let us know what you think!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Was it intentionally designed to be slightly larger than 1024px wide? If it were 1280px wide, I'd understand, but the current width looks like around 1100px, which doesn't make sense.

Further investigation suggests that the page is meant to be a 1000px wide table (table? TABLE?!?!?! Why the hell are Tables being used for page layouts rather than Div tags?), but the content is stretching it out beyond the table's limits.

I've also noticed a few cases of untidy coding, as well as a lack of any real attempt at SEO or usability coding. Or is there no intenion to boost the site's search engine rankings and accessibility levels?

Of course, these could have been enthusiastically addressed if there were any communications about it during the last six months...

I'll try leaving on a positive note. The design itself looks pretty nifty and thematic.
    Last edited by cullsoft; 28th Aug 2010 at 7:55 PM.
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.

Only seen the new page on my mobile (yet to get out of bed yet) looks good.

Tried following the Facebook group but I suspect it's one of those FB groups only for you UK folk as it leads nowhere for me.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

We are proud to officially announce that our brand-spanking new homepage has gone live at http://www.planetskaro.org.uk.
    I know it's a minor quibble but would it be possible to make it so that the forum and other links open in the same window instead of automatically opening a new one. After all, you can always right click and choose 'open in new window' or 'open in new tab' if you want.

It certainly would. Consider it done.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Cool. Thanks, Lissa!

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    It certainly would. Consider it done.
    Image links are done, but links in the copy are still opening in new windows, though.
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.