Default What do we want? MORE DRAMA! When do we want it? er...

A survey for both See Saw and Radio Times has shown more people are demanding dramas with less than 5% wanting less reality showAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry.
    The worm has turned! No more will Katie Price be on our screens!
    Finally! Despite budgets being cut left, right and centre I really think we are going to have another golden age of quality television! I'm on the verge of crying tears of blood over this joy! (Apologies to sufferers)

http://www.scotsman.com/entertainmen...ess.6503073.jp

Viewers want to see more drama and documentaries rather than reality and celebrity shows, according to new research.
    The study also shows that viewers reckon Big Brother - soon to disappear from Channel 4 but which may be revived on Channel Five - is the show most people say they strive to avoid.

The figures - from a joint survey by SeeSaw.com and Radio Times -
    come as popular shows X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing prepare to go head to head for Saturday night ratings.

And Channel 4 is going all-out with Big Brother's last gasp as former stars flood the show for a fortnight.

The survey of 2,000 adults - to appear in this week's Radio Times - finds nearly a third of viewers (31 per cent) want more drama, while 30 per cent would prefer more documentaries.

Just 2 per cent of those polled said they wanted more celebrity content, and 3 per cent wanted further reality TV.

A total of 44 per cent said Big Brother was the show they were most likely to avoid, with the X Factor landing 6 per cent of the poll. Top Gear was named the nation's favourite show
    Ok... so Top Gear isn't that good... but this is news to cherish?
    2% want more celebrity content? 2%! Isn't that the amount of Katie Price fans left in the whole of the UK?

Hooray! I would like more drama. On TV though, not in my life.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Hoy - Top Gear is great. I'm a zealous recent convert and I say it's awesome.

Drama is a funny old beast. It's expensive but only if you make it in an expensive way. America produces long runs of very high quality drama and that's still cost effective even with the sorts of salaries stars like Hugh Laurie get. British TV has never quite learned how to get the right talent and the right concept and just go with a long season of episodes.

Not that I'd take any notice of polls like this. If you asked a thousand people what they'd like for lunch you'd get some wanting something healthy, some wanting something luxurious and some wanting something good and wholesome. Very few would say "a Mars bar" but when it comes to actually getting lunch a lot of those who gave better answers will decide they can't be bothered with salad and will reach for the chocolate bar.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

2% is the amount of Katie Price that isn't plastic.

The worm has turned! No more will Katie Price be on our screens!
    Finally!
    I'm confused as to why you think that a Radio Times survey is going to mean a historic change in the TV landscape!

Si.

Optimism is a good thing.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I'm confused as to why you think that a Radio Times survey is going to mean a historic change in the TV landscape!

Si.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Optimism is a good thing.

Si xx
    Yeah there's blind wild optimism, but I really hope (more than think) this will strike a chord with TV management across the board?
    You can't deny reality has gone as far as it can go?

But reality TV is cheap. And the folk on it all do it for peanuts believing they'll be famous afterwards.

"I'd love to do some TV presenting after this (plug plug plug)"

"I have a series of novels I'm trying to get published (plug plug plug)"

"I wanna be a pop star"
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

If people figuring out that there is little or no reality in "reality TV" didn't kill the genre, nothing will.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

You can't deny reality has gone as far as it can go?
    It doesn't matter what I think, it's not me making the decisions.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cloud (Slight Return) View Post
    with less than 5% wanting less reality show
    Wait ... so over 95% of people want more reality shows???
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I think Lissa summed it up pretty well, these sort of surveys are hardly anything new. Don't expect any major changes....
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild