Default ELO Cellist Killed By Runaway Giant Haystack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-accident.html

A founding member of ELO has been killed in a freak accident when a giant hay bale rolled out of a field and landed on his van.

Cellist Mike Edwards died instantly when the 50-stone cylindrical bale careered down a slope, flipped 15ft over a hedge and smashed on to the roof of his van.

Mr Edwards, 62, was known for unconventional cello playing including plucking the strings with an orange or grapefruit and his bizarre customs which became a major ingredient of ELO, the Electric Light Orchestra.

It's a strange way to go! Better to go out in a unique way than die forgotton, I suppose.

Si.

That's a way of going that you won't forget in a hurry.

His cello playing was certainly very distinctive- obviously inspired by some of the Beatles tracks around 1967, but taking it to a different level. It became an integral part of the ELO sound.
    It's a shame really, as I believe they're about to make a bit of a comeback.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Alas unsecured loads are lethal. Just cos it was something we assume to be light, pack up enough of it dense enough, and it's a deadly weight.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Anyone who has ever picked up a square hay bale can tell you they are definitely not light.

Last week I made a comment about how Yahoo news allowing user comments on their news stories has proven to me that most of the human population are douchebags. The ones attached to the news article for this story enforce my point.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100907/...pphu-container