Default Are ginger people less than human?

Something's triggered me off on this.

My wife in the 1990s was terrified she was going to have a ginger baby - in fact when Cameron was first born the first thing she asked was "oh God he's not ginger is he". He wasn't. But in all seriousness she felt that ginger people were a "genetic throwback".

Fast forward a decade, and science has caught up with her ....

http://www.dhamurian.org.au/anthropo...nderthal1.html

Seems that people with red hair most likely have some kind of Neanderthal DNA.

Although from the article ...

The Neanderthals are generally thought to have been a less intelligent species than modern man, Homo sapiens. They were taller and stockier, but with shorter limbs, bigger faces and noses, receding chins and low foreheads. They had a basic, guttural vocabulary of about 70 words, probably at the level of today's two-year-old, and they never developed a full language, art or culture.
    Thats most of the guys I play Rugby with!

But this does kind of suggest ginger people are less than fully human. That they all are kind of ugly, short, brutish and generally backwards ...

Last edited by WhiteCrowNZ; 8th Sep 2010 at 11:37 AM.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

My son is ginger and the last time I checked he was most definitely human! I just wish that society would leave ginger haired people alone.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

It seems very odd to pick on people just because of their hair colour. People can be lovely or shits or clever or not so clever and none of that depends on what colour hair they've got.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I think ginger people are often quite beautiful.

Si.

You only have to look at how Doctor Who fans are lusting after Karen Gillan to see that in action Si.

Si xx

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I think ginger people are often quite beautiful.
    Yeah, my sexual preference is for redheads and gingers; can#t see what people's problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    Yeah, my sexual preference is for redheads and gingers; can#t see what people's problem is.
    Mine too! Whitney's not naturally redhead/ginger, but she looks great with red hair, and I'm glad she keeps dying it

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Captain Tancredi Guest

For some reason natural red hair seems to be a negative but adding some russet colouring is the in thing. It's not just the hair colour, though- it's the peaches-and-cream complexion which adds to the effect (although that might just be somebody I work with).

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Williams View Post
    Whitney's not naturally redhead/ginger, but she looks great with red hair, and I'm glad she keeps dying it
    Isn't dying your hair ginger about as politically correct as wearing blackface???
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Only to you apparently Mike

Si xx

No-one minds if you sit under a sunbed for twenty minutes every day to make your skin darker.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    No-one minds if you sit under a sunbed for twenty minutes every day to make your skin darker.
    Erm ... yes they do. They banned sunbeds at my gym for health reasons ... it's spraytan or nothing now ...

There is a difference between people with auburn, red or orange hair and your classic "ginger". Being "ginger" generally means you have the pale skin, pale eyes and freckles to go with your orange hair and eyebrows. In white people it's about the only hair colour that has other pigmentation issues connected to it. Well, there are albinos but they're pretty rare.

I dodged the genetic bullet - pops has orange hair (or he did before I made it go grey) so I probably could've too. It can look good as a bottle colour - like Doctor Alice - but I wouldn't want to be stuck with it.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Erm ... yes they do. They banned sunbeds at my gym for health reasons ... it's spraytan or nothing now ...
    But not for the same reasons as you were suggesting.

Si.

In the US we have more serious racial issues, so nobody gives a shit what color your hair is.

Right now, millions of Americans are being called upon to burn... bottles of red hair dye?! Good old US of A! A nation with a great sense of proportion.

Lissa; out of interest, is it the health problems related with the skintone, or do you just not think red's your colour?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    In the US we have more serious racial issues, so nobody gives a shit what color your hair is.
    We're slowly catching up with you though.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."