Default 25 Years of The CBBC Broom Cupboard

There's a new collection this week from the BBC Archive: http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/broom_cupboard/

At 3.55pm on 9 September 1985, Phillip Schofield presented the first slot for the all-new 'Children's BBC'. His introductions to the programmes came from a tiny control desk, dubbed the 'Broom Cupboard'. Stars including Andy Crane, Andi Peters and Zoe Ball later made the Broom Cupboard their home. Not to forget scene-stealers Gordon the Gopher and Edd the Duck.

As CBBC links were live, few of them were recorded. Here, we bring together some surviving clips, plus features from other programmes on the 'Broom Cupboard' and a gallery of photographs showing the presenters and puppets.
    What are your broom cupboard memories? Who was your favourite CBBC presenter?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I can't believe it's still going!

I certainly remember Andy Crane and Philip Schofield running the broom cupboard. It was like being a member of a tiny little club, having a secret giggle hidden away in the heart of the monolithic BBC building.

Naturally, I preferred Edd the Duck to Gordon the Gopher. Gordon could be quite simpering and over-cute, but Edd was all about the attitude. Man!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Andy Crane.
    It was him hosting it when they used to show Corners. And I remember he at least had a week of "Who" content to celebrate 25 years. (It was the arm of a Cyberman that would come into shot)
    Not watched it on BBC1 for a while. But CBBC and CBeebies, no problem!

http://www.thebroomcupboard.co.uk/page4.html

This is a page of gorgeousness!

Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I was going to say I remember there being a strange ginger one ...
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Simon Parkin is an exact cross between Andy Crane and Mark Curry. I vaguely remember him too.

Somewhere at home we have the Willy Fog lyrics which they sent out just so you could singalong with the closing credits
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!