Default Weeping Angels Question

In Blink they didn't kill as such - just blasted you back in time. But in the last series, they were killing the soldiers and leaving them where they fell.

Did we get any particular explanation for the chance of modus operandi?
    A pot of coffee, 12 jammie dodgers and a fez...

I noticed that myself at the time. I haven't a clue what the answer is though...it's easy to say lazy/sloppy writing but given that it's Moffat who wrote both stories, there will be a reason that we'll find out in due course.

I think the Dr asks about the change in MO (Method of Operation).
    The Weeping Angel 'Bob' doesn't answer the question, just side steps it and the Dr never revisits the point.

As MacNimon says, expect to find out the answer, later.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

With the Doctor and crack present, I assumed that the Clerics were too small fry for them to bother consuming them their timelines. They also needed Bob's brain in order to communicate.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

I think if I remember correctly that in Blink the Angels are powered by the fluctuation in the time continuum caused when someone is taken out of their timezone.

However in the 5th Season story it was mentioned that something (either the reactor or the crack) was powering the Angels. If you remember they started out battered and were slowly regenerating. The fact that they didn't need to feed meant they just could kill for the sheer hell of it.

More worrying was the fact that they can now look at each other - making the end of Blink ridiculous.

It did to me feel just like sloppy writing and a lot of changed detail about the Angels. Kind of annoys me how people say "it can't be sloppy writing cos it's Moffat". When people would be quick enough to jump all over RTD. But it seems Moffat has become a kind of sacred cow from the off ...
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

When did they look at each other?

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

But it seems Moffat has become a kind of sacred cow from the off ...
    You all put him there after Blink!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by brandynigma View Post
    When did they look at each other?
    There were numerous crowd scenes involving the Angels where they made no effort whatsoever to cover their faces. It was a big point in Blink that they kept their faces covered because they could not afford to look at each other (and in fact the resolution of that story depends on that), but in Flesh and Stone they just stand around open eyed in huge crowds. Even if they are not looking each other in the eye they would still be able to see each other, leaving the ones at the front of the crowd immobilised by the ones at the back.

But the whole thing was re-written now so that the turning to stone went from being a fact of their biology to being an instinct, making the whole thing silly. Despite an earlier comment in this thread suggesting we should 'expect explanations' I don't expect any will be forthcoming. Moffatt is a good writer, and has produced some excellent stories, but I don't think he has everything planned out to that degree. I think he just used them because they were popular and re-wrote them as required to fit the plot he had in mind.

Medussa vs Weeping Angel ...

Who would win???
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......