Default Geoffrey Burgon has died

Geoffrey Burgon who wrote the music for Terror of the Zygons and Seeds of Doom has sadly died.

http://www.classicfm.co.uk/music/mus...-away-aged-69/

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Sorry for resurrecting this - I obviously didn't notice it the first time round as I've just learnt of his death from a jazz-related website. Unfortunately it looks like this thread was pushed down the list as is so often the case.

Although he only scored two Doctor Who stories, I don't think GB's contribution to the series can be over estimated. as much as I adore Dudley's music, Geoffrey Burgon's score were a breath of fresh air in 1975 and 76, and I don't think anyone could argue that his music is certainly unique in style in terms of all the DW composers.

I only saw the front word of this topic on the main page, so now I'm quite relieved that Geoffrey Beevers is safe and well!

Si.

Oops - yes, sorry about that!

Although he only scored two Doctor Who stories, I don't think GB's contribution to the series can be over estimated. as much as I adore Dudley's music, Geoffrey Burgon's score were a breath of fresh air in 1975 and 76, and I don't think anyone could argue that his music is certainly unique in style in terms of all the DW composers.
    I like his scores, but I find they both sort of run into each other. I'm not sure whether they're individually distinctive from each other. That said, they're certainly different from Dudley's efforts at the time, enough so that they stand out nicely. It's a shame he didn't do any more really.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Cox View Post
    Sorry for resurrecting this - I obviously didn't notice it the first time round as I've just learnt of his death from a jazz-related website. Unfortunately it looks like this thread was pushed down the list as is so often the case.

Hi Ant,
    I must confess this news had passed me by too.
    When I think of his Doctor Who scores, I can sum them up with one word: "Creepy"
    Another great shame

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I find they both sort of run into each other. I'm not sure whether they're individually distinctive from each other.

Si xx
    I would definitely agree with that. When I listen to the CD of his two scores, it's very difficult to find the join!