Default Commonwealth Games ...

A lot in the news about them before they've even started.

This tickled me though ...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news...ectid=10676781

Fierce langur monkeys and snake charmers have been deployed at several Commonwealth Games venues across New Delhi to try to protect athletes and delegates from simian and reptile attack.

Delhi's municipal authorities, long battling the city's unending monkey menace, have dragooned an army of 40 grey langurs, to scare off hordes of mischievous and belligerent rhesus monkeys.

A band of snake charmers, armed with sonorous pipes, have been stationed at the athletes' Games village in an area heavily inhabited by snakes.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Beware the snakes!

I'm not sure whether the athletes are being prissy, or whether the sanitation really is atrocious. I think it depends whether they've got a clean bed, toilet and shower - or if they're asking for a vibrating massage-o bed, industrial sized sauna and instant room service.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Looking good for the athletics tomorrow:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/comm...10/9063800.stm

Every day I look up the games on the NZ website there seems to be pictures of the female hockey players ... brrr!

Other pics ...

Meanwhile it sounds like the stadiums are mainly empty with no-one turning up ... it all sounds like the Brits of Sport.
    Last edited by WhiteCrowNZ; 5th Oct 2010 at 11:21 PM.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

And just another shot for patriotisms sake ...

Or two ...

Last edited by WhiteCrowNZ; 6th Oct 2010 at 4:13 AM.

Meanwhile one of our TV presenters has come in for a lot of trouble for giggling at someone's name ...

TVNZ has come in for fresh criticism over its handling of Breakfast host Paul Henry's Indian slurs after it continued to prominently feature a clip on its website in which he ridicules the name of Commonwealth Games troubleshooter Sheila Dikshit.

There is actually an article today on our website "Commonwealth Games hotties" ...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/commonw...-Games-hotties