Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'm not sure why people are disappointed - if they'd been expecting Power of the Daleks to have turned up, or the missing 9 episodes of DMP to have been animated... well, I don't think 2E would have managed to keep that quiet do you?

Mind you, on the other hand, I'm not sure why 2E made such a big mystery, or indeed any sort of big event at all, out of announcing another title.

Still, on the plus side, I think I'm right in saying that all 4 episodes of Day are on the original videotapes, so I'd guess restoration will be cleaning up only without any RSC or VidFire-y faffing about so hopefully it'll look absolutely gorgeous!!

I'm elated - in a month when some of us have forked out £30 for three stories we already own, it wouldn't have been a great move to announce a sodding "Ressurection of the Daleks" re-issue - this way we're getting a good, sought-after unreleased story.

The only slight dissapointment is that, while it's great they are re-doing the Dalek voices, unless there is something spectacular they arn't telling us, a bit of extra CGI (something we've been getting for years, sometimes with very bad results) doesn't seem to warrant a special trailer or this "new dimension" faff. The very least I expected from that once they'd hyped it was 3D, animation or the DVD actually time travelling from the future. Unless we have truly entered the 're-issue age' where the mere release of a DVD that hasn't been out before warrants trumpetting.

Si.

I'd guess that the actual integration of new CGI Daleks into the story goes beyond the previous new ray gun effects and incidental bits of tinkering that they've done before. If that's what they're doing - I might've imagined it.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hdboo0j6BY

Something like this nayhaps?

Trailers like that always end up building up false hopes, moreso amongst DW fans.

'Day' is one of my all time favourites, so good news there. I just hope the new CGI is in a different league from the stuff on 'Planet Of Fire'.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Well, relief that it's not a re-release of a DVD; there's recycling and there's recycling, as Mr. Hunt points out. Ooh, I wonder who's doing the Dalek voices? The current suspect?

I would be shocked if it was someone other than Nick Briggs. His stranglehold on the Dalek voices is secure!

Frankly they could re-edit it so that the Gold Dalek didn't keep coming out of the tunnel and it would be an improvement. I hope the original version is nicely cleaned up though, it's my fave Doctor Who story!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

That's a lost fact! I'm delighted that your favourite story is a Pertwee though - great choice!

Si.

Si didn't choose it as my favourite Doctor Who story.

I did it myself!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

This is very welcome indeed - but they'd better include the original version and have all the flashy stuff as optional extras!

I haven't seen Day of the Daleks in an age, so it'll be a good one for next year. We'll have Season 9 completed on DVD by the end of the year won't we?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Does sound interesting. I don't buy every Doctor Who story but would like this. Probably the strongest of the Pertwee Dalek stories.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Grrr ... what I hate about Day of the Daleks is that it sets off the Candyman song in Willy Wonka in my head. [The controller in DotD runs a sweet shop in the film, and has a memorable voice]

Although morally it seems ...

Daleks exploiting human race = BAD

Willy Wonka exploiting dwarf labour force = GOOD

Time for my pills!
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowNZ View Post
    Grrr ... what I hate about Day of the Daleks is that it sets off the Candyman song in Willy Wonka in my head. [The controller in DotD runs a sweet shop in the film, and has a memorable voice]

Although morally it seems ...

Daleks exploiting human race = BAD

Time for my pills!
    When the Oompa Loompas are dressed in rags, being tortured by traitorous Oompa Loompas, exterminated by Willy Wonka and somehow shoehorn apes of random speech speeds in there, THEN we can talk.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

What you saw was a rehabilitation centre. A rehabilitation centre for hardened Ooompa Loompa criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    What you saw was a rehabilitation centre. A rehabilitation centre for hardened Ooompa Loompa criminals.
    For choc whores? Choc addicts?

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I haven't seen Day of the Daleks in an age, so it'll be a good one for next year. We'll have Season 9 completed on DVD by the end of the year won't we?

Si xx

yep it's nice that we're at last getting the remaining Pertwee's released.

I still like Day of the Daleks, but I hope we get the original version on a second disc. (Keep dreaming?...) Al-though-the-dal-ek-vo-cies-are-not-ex-actly-the-be-st it does have a certain charm? And I'm not 100% over the re-writing of history. But I know I'll buy it. I can't help myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    I still like Day of the Daleks, but I hope we get the original version on a second disc. (Keep dreaming?...) Al-though-the-dal-ek-vo-cies-are-not-ex-actly-the-be-st it does have a certain charm? And I'm not 100% over the re-writing of history. But I know I'll buy it. I can't help myself!
    The alternative voices, effects etc are all just optional extras, the original version should also be included, although whether there'll be two separate editions or just a range of settings which you can switch on and off, I wouldn't know at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Logo Polish View Post
    The alternative voices, effects etc are all just optional extras, the original version should also be included, although whether there'll be two separate editions or just a range of settings which you can switch on and off, I wouldn't know at the moment.
    Thank you! Sold and sold!

I wonder if they'll remove the closing credit's "sting" which apparantly appears on the recaps of the episodes.

I've only ever seen the compilation version but you get a glimpse of this in "30 Years in the TARDIS" I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Oompa LoompaLads?! Nobody told me of this!

Bigger, newer trailer with new bits here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rlss3Krt7g

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

To quote nutty scientist Dr Who, Most exciting!!!

Trailer looks really good - will be interesting to see what they do with this.